PDA

View Full Version : 2013 cab chassis tune

hardknocks
March 2nd, 2014, 10:59 AM
I have a 2013 cab and chassis. I was told by a engineer from GM that it was a detuned pickup engine and it had 40 hp less. does anybody have any idea on getting a tune to raise it to a stock 6.6. he told me I had to go to a dealer that I new that would be willing to change the entire programming on the truck which would entail changing the trucks vin to the one they added to regain the hp . anybody got a any ideas

GMPX
March 2nd, 2014, 11:08 AM
I would seriously doubt any GM dealership would do that, if something went wrong they would be liable for the warranty repair, GM's system has a number of checks in it to make sure they cannot do this (though it can be done).
You probably need to speak to a performance tuner shop about getting something like this done.

Dmaxink
March 2nd, 2014, 06:32 PM
Shoot me your vin of the "detuned" truck and I will look up the programming that is in it and report back. Kory@LAtuning.com

RADustin
March 3rd, 2014, 01:28 AM
can you flash an LGH with an LML cal?

Dmaxink
March 3rd, 2014, 02:10 AM
can you flash an LGH with an LML cal?

It will throw egr codes, etc if you do.

RADustin
March 3rd, 2014, 02:51 AM
I understand. Good to know. Easy enough.

rcr1978
March 3rd, 2014, 04:51 AM
I just tried this the other day I got a Egr cooler bypass code high voltage. I don't remember the exact code, but I could do it again if you want to know it. Truck did run but it went straight into limp mode. I'm pretty sure there is no bypass on the LGH and I didn't know the LML had one but I did see a PID in the scan tool from the Egr cooler bypass percentage and tried it with no return data.

RADustin
March 3rd, 2014, 05:38 AM
we should be able to fix that soon. I found all the egr codes.

hardknocks
March 3rd, 2014, 11:53 AM
Shoot me your vin of the "detuned" truck and I will look up the programming that is in it and report back. Kory@LAtuning.com
sent you the VIN to your email