PDA

View Full Version : V2 used as manual gauges.

Youngun
March 9th, 2014, 04:30 PM
I have a v2 that I used on my 06 dodge for full flash tuning an what not. Long story short I have ended up sellin the 06 an have the v2. I never played with tuning, jus flashing an taking a few log files.

So was wondering on my NON obdII vehicle could I possibly use the v2 an hook up a thermocouple for egt, trans temp, an a couple 5v psi sensors? Jus power the v2 off keyed power source an use it to display the current readings of said sensors?.

Any input is appreciated.

darcy
March 9th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Since V2 can not display the results of CALC.PIDS, you would only be able to view the raw voltages being logged.

joecar
March 9th, 2014, 09:28 PM
To log the analog/thermocouple inputs, you have to have an OBD2 protocol as reference... i.e. the logged analog/thermocouple data gets inserted inside the OBD2 frames as they go from V1/V2 to laptop.

Like Darcy said, there is a display in V2 for viewing the raw analog/thermocouple inputs.

Gelf VXR
March 10th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Are there custom calc pids for thermocouples not using the dedicated thermo couple inputs, I use serial input for wide bands, but want to use the other four analogue inputs for thermocouples?

joecar
March 11th, 2014, 08:43 AM
The thermocouple inputs are EXT.TEMP1 and EXT.TEMP2... they require the driving device to be "thermocouple Type-K"... they can't just be any analog signal.

The four analog inputs are just plain differential inputs, I'm not sure how they handle "thermocouple Type-K" signals.

Gelf VXR
March 13th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Hi joe, i have k type to anologue 0-5v adapters, I was wondering about the calc pid to express the voltage as temperature in the scan software