PDA

View Full Version : E78 VVT Tables

a78turbo
March 15th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Is it possible that there is some multiplier tables for cam position command for tables B7936 and B7956? I set both the tables at 0 and my log shows intake at 17.6* and exhaust at 10* at idle. It does not appear to be following the commanded table. Is there any way to get more turbo related tables as far as BOV tables, any airflow limits? Also I would like to see Peak Torque vs RPM/MPH tables if that is possible.

gmjunkie
April 12th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Did you ever figure anything out? Facing the same issues... I'm updating the table but cannot figure out the relationship between the values entered into the table and actual phasing adjustments. Also trying to understand how the PCM is determining whether it's at High/Med/Low Baro, is it referencing MAP or is it based on Atmospheric somehow?

a78turbo
April 13th, 2016, 05:46 AM
It is based on BARO, but there is some tables missing to get more control over them.

gmjunkie
April 14th, 2016, 06:47 AM
It is based on BARO, but there is some tables missing to get more control over them.

Which other tables are used for the phasing?

a78turbo
April 14th, 2016, 10:45 AM
With the tables we have, I cannot command a given degree of cam phasing and have it track what is input into the maps. That leaves some other tables not uncovered controlling the actual VS desired phasing. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in and offer some guidance.

GMPX
April 14th, 2016, 10:54 AM
We don't know the exact method GM uses with this but the cam phasing is taken in to account with the torque calculations so it might be the ECM can override what the tables have to some degree (again, not 100% sure on that). But I am pretty sure the WOT position tables are followed exactly as is, it is the non WOT tables that seem to have a mind of their own.

a78turbo
April 14th, 2016, 05:07 PM
We don't know the exact method GM uses with this but the cam phasing is taken in to account with the torque calculations so it might be the ECM can override what the tables have to some degree (again, not 100% sure on that). But I am pretty sure the WOT position tables are followed exactly as is, it is the non WOT tables that seem to have a mind of their own.

I do not see the tracking correlation even with the WOT table. My table shows 3.75* int. & 3.8* exh. and my logs at WOT show 14.6* int. & 14.8* exh. at 100% throttle by SAE.TAC_PCT PID.

GMPX
April 14th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Is that with the latest release the tables showing that? There was a couple of E39 OS's that had the cam tables scaled incorrectly. If you let me know what OS your Sonic has I'll try to check it out over the weekend as there might have been some E78 ones as well perhaps.

a78turbo
April 15th, 2016, 03:49 PM
12656286 E78 is the OS that I am working with. Thank you for taking the time to look at it, however I don't want you to waste a weekend on it.

cindy@efilive
July 18th, 2016, 02:05 PM
I do not see the tracking correlation even with the WOT table. My table shows 3.75* int. & 3.8* exh. and my logs at WOT show 14.6* int. & 14.8* exh. at 100% throttle by SAE.TAC_PCT PID.

This is now fixed, and will be available in the next beta software release. I'll shoot you an email with the calz files.

Cheers
Cindy

a78turbo
July 19th, 2016, 07:48 AM
I have reviewed the files that you have sent, and they are a great addition. Thank you all for taking the time to address this and find a solution. All your hard work is appreciated. Thank you.

cindy@efilive
July 19th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the feedback Bryan.

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk