PDA

View Full Version : E39 Knock Tables Error

swingtan
March 24th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Hi, it seems that the Knock tables for the E39 have the axis swapped, or at least the Axis labels are misleading....

Note that the ROWs are set in "Airflow Milligrams" but it indicates the "link" is set for "SAE.RPM"

I found this while setting up a E39_link.ini as I didn't have one. Am I just missing it, or was one never set up? If never set up, I'll upload the one I make if others want it.

joecar
March 24th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Simon, I pm'd your post to Paul, thanks for posting.

GMPX
March 24th, 2014, 01:51 PM
The link file is the problem from what I can see. RPM 500 to 8192 makes sense.

swingtan
March 24th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Ahh, OK, that sounds logical. I'm still building up the file and based it off the E38. I'm guessing then that the {link SAE.RPM} text is taken straight from the link file?

GMPX
March 24th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Yes correct, I don't think we actually created those, as you can see they are open text files for anyone to fiddle with.

swingtan
March 24th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Yep, I've got mine 90% done. My only problem was that none of the E39 PIDs work for my OS, so none of...

APCYL_DMA
AFRATIO_DMA
OCTSCL_DMA
SCALEDUNVE_DMA

actually work. They all cause "Error $31" in Scantool when any one is selected. Strangely, they all come up as available after a PID verification though.

As a work around, I've made a CALC PID for APCYL_DMA and have referenced that in the link file. I've also been tuning in Lambda / EQRatio since I tried E85 in the 6Lt and those PIDs work OK on the E39, so it all works OK. I also need to set up somethi ng for the VVE as it's set up as "MAP / Baro Ratio", So I'll need a PID for that.

Thanks again.

GMPX
March 25th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Error $31 is odd, that means the address requests are not valid, I know why it would happen but at the same time it should not be happening, have you tried V8 BBL with those PID's?

swingtan
March 25th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Yeah, both BBL and pass through fail. I got used to the work around and Lambda tuning so never really worried about it till I started on the link file. FWIW, here's the pass through error log and console trace. I masked some of the serial / license numbers though.....

GMPX
March 25th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I'll test it on our car (while we still have it).

swingtan
March 25th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Thanks.

Oh, and I just checked my Calc_PID file and I already have a MAP-Baro-Ratio PID set up..... I'd forgotten I did this when I was playing with SD tunes.