PDA

View Full Version : L92 on LS1B 00' PCM, posted in both sections not sure where it belongs lol

quik95lt1
April 5th, 2014, 04:12 AM
I've got a customers car in for a cam swap, its a 97 LT car with a LS1B 00' PCM in it, and a L92 from an Escalade. Someone already had deleted VVT and the car runs but not correctly fueling wise. When I went to tune the car I noticed that fueling adjustments were doing nothing. I have the car forced into Open Loop as well as Speed Density Mode for the time. DFCO is off as well, I realized that the PCM is running off the backup VE table. First thing I thought is what's going on with the reluctor setups? I know the L92 is 58x crank and 4x cam and the PCM will only read 24x/1x. But I assume if this was wrong before the car wouldn't even run? Would it? This is a new one for me.....any info would be greatly appreciated. I've tuned boat loads of these cars in SD and MAF and have never seen one run off the backup VE table. What causes the PCM to even look at that table?

Thanks!!
Mike

darcy
April 5th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Post a copy of your tune for the most assistance.

If you want to stick with the stock OS then you need to make changes to the backup VE, that's just the way '98-'00 OSs work.
Otherwise update to a later year COS, say 02020005 as it gives lots of stock base files that can be used to start with, and not worry about Main/Backup VE.

As for reluctors, it must be right or it wouldnt run, as you said. It's either had a reluctor change or is running a converter box.

joecar
April 6th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Like Darcy said, you will need to copy/interpolate/extrapolate the injector tables (all of them).

Also your MAF table needs to be corrected for your actual MAF/plumbing.

And you need VE and Backup VE tables that match the engine.

( in SD mode (i.e MAF is failed) the PCM uses the Backup VE table, so you have to edit both )

Taz
April 7th, 2014, 01:16 AM
I realize you did not do this conversion ...

Not sure who would go to all the bother involved, to then use a 2000 model year OS ... doesn't make much sense.

Check that the engine has been fitted with Gen III knock sensors, and that these are properly wired. If not, the engine will have absolutely zero knock protection - not good.

joecar
April 7th, 2014, 04:16 AM
+1 what Taz said.

Replace OS with 12212156 with the following matching your actual hardware:
- transmission segment (4L60E, 4L80E, manual),
- transmission diagnostic segment),
- throttle control (DBW, DBC).

quik95lt1
April 29th, 2014, 02:19 AM
just a quick reply on this, I did get the car straightened out, I re-flashed the pcm to the 12212156 OS after realizing it was a 2000 cal, tuned speed density closed loop and it ran great even with the big cam, I appreciate the responses guys!!! thanks!!!

v8vegaman
February 11th, 2015, 05:18 PM
just a quick reply on this, I did get the car straightened out, I re-flashed the pcm to the 12212156 OS after realizing it was a 2000 cal, tuned speed density closed loop and it ran great even with the big cam, I appreciate the responses guys!!! thanks!!!

how did you get the 58X crank engine to run on the 24X ecm?? am i missing something?

Rob

ScarabEpic22
February 12th, 2015, 06:24 AM
how did you get the 58X crank engine to run on the 24X ecm?? am i missing something?

Rob

Probably a LPE converter box, easiest way Im aware of currently.

joecar
February 13th, 2015, 04:32 AM
v8vegaman,

The converter mentioned by darcy is the LPE 58x/4x -> 24x/1x converter mentioned by Erik.

Or, as darcy mentioned, the L92 may have been fitted with a 24x CKP reluctor and a 1x CMP sprocket.

As for reluctors, it must be right or it wouldnt run, as you said. It's either had a reluctor change or is running a converter box.