PDA

View Full Version : Flaring Issue in 2nd gear

jbrown13
April 7th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Forgive me if this isn't clear and concise, as I'm relatively new to this. I have a 6L80E in a 2011 Camaro SS that has been modded, and tuned with EFILive. The transmission shifts fine when I launch at the drag strip from 1st gear in Sport Mode, however when I launch from M2 the transmission flares badly and hits the rev limiter before it shifts. The TCM is programmed to auto shift at WOT from M2. If you're wondering why I would launch from 2nd it's because I'm trying to slow the car down to where it runs higher than 12 seconds in the 1/4, so I can pass tech (no roll bar) for bracket racing. I do use a professional tuner and he seems to be baffled by this, but I dabble at changing shift points and other easy, simple stuff. Thanks for any thoughts.

joecar
April 7th, 2014, 03:20 AM
See here: Improving-shifts-via-the-ECM (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18710-Improving-shifts-via-the-ECM)

jbrown13
April 7th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Thanks joecar, I think you nailed the issue. I have been logging GM.TRQENG_C in all my logs and it is definitely lower on the M2 logs than the Sport Mode logs. The calculated torque is down in the 500 area on the M2 logs and in the upper 800 area in the Sport Mode logs. I'm just not smart enough to figure out why and correct it. The fact that I have an L99 converted to an LS3 without a VVT cam is helping to confuse me. I just don't understand how these calculated torque values can be different in the two logs when the ECM and TCM tunes haven't changed. Newb brain freeze?