PDA

View Full Version : Code $0537: Controller is locked with a custom key

9mmkungfu
April 10th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Hello everyone,

I can't seem to flash to a new tune due to code $0537. Any ideas?

Backgound:

Truck: 2002 GMC 2500HD w/ LB7 & Allison 1000

I first flashed the truck in late 2011 with a DSP5 tune. I flashed the .tun file using v7.5 and it ran well except my A/C wouldn't turn on. Since I rarely drove the truck and didn't use A/C over the winter, I didn't notice until the summer of 2012.

In late 2012, I contacted my tuner and he informed me my particular ECU's OS version didn't play well with EFI Live, so I could a) get a single tune or b) have the dealer update my ECU's OS and he'd create a new DSP5 tune with the new OS.

I opted for option b) and my tuner sent me a new DSP5 tune based on the new OS. It worked well and I've been using the tune since.

And now, mid 2014, I had my tuner create a new DSP5 tune for my newest mods. He sent me the newer v8 file and when I attempted to flash, I received the code $0537 error.

9mmkungfu
April 16th, 2014, 01:14 AM
Anyone?

Blacky
April 16th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Please log the issue with EFILive Support with the appropriate trace files as explained here:
http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400

Meanwhile, if your dealer has flashed the ECM or replaced the ECM then there is a chance the ECM was corrupted during that process which can cause the seed/key to stop working.

If you have access to a laptop, try using AutoCal in pass-through mode with the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software and check the two checkboxes: "Try Alt Keys" and "Assume Lock May be Faulty".
When you do that in pass-through mode the software will create a *.htx trace file in \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace. That is the trace file you need to send to EFILive Support.

Regards
Paul

9mmkungfu
April 24th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Thanks Paul. The ECM is at the tuner now and he has just informed me it's locked. I have no idea how, as I have been the only person to have flashed the ECM twice. He is recommending I pay $150 to have the ECM unlocked. Do I have any other alternatives?

Frustrating..

cindy@efilive
April 24th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Did you try the options Paul listed above and send through the .htx trace file?

Cheers
Cindy

9mmkungfu
April 24th, 2014, 11:17 AM
I have not. My tuner suggested I send it to him and let him look at it. Now that he has informed me there is nothing he can do, I will try Paul's suggestion when the ECM is returned. I am hoping to have it back by the beginning of next week, at which point I should be able to update the support case with the .htx trace file.

Thank you Cindy!

9mmkungfu
April 28th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Yesterday I received my ECM from my tuner, installed it and saved a log file. The support case has been opened and the log file uploaded as of yesterday. Thanks!

9mmkungfu
May 1st, 2014, 08:11 AM
Yesterday I received my ECM from my tuner, installed it and saved a log file. The support case has been opened and the log file uploaded as of yesterday. Thanks!

Here is the link to the case:

https://support.efilive.com/view.php?ticketref=6289-EYZX-7458&pass=TJ9fw6x2

Blacky
May 1st, 2014, 09:21 AM
Here is the link to the case:

https://support.efilive.com/view.php?ticketref=6289-EYZX-7458&pass=TJ9fw6x2

I'm working on your case now...
Regards
Paul

9mmkungfu
May 1st, 2014, 09:21 AM
I'm working on your case now...