PDA

View Full Version : $538 code trying to read tune

Rzachs
April 10th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Got autocal from motorops last week. Installed dsp5 and tunes last night. Seams my dsp switch isn't working so I go to data section I believe to read voltages of switch. Got a code also so I go to read tune and another code. Truck runs fine with dpf removed, or so it seams to so far. What can I do or what can I do?

08 lmm 3500hd

cindy@efilive
April 10th, 2014, 05:31 PM
The error you have is $0538, which means the controller contains a DSP Operating System which can't be read.

You cannot read out a DSP file because the file is written to non readable memory of the ECM.

Cheers
Cindy

Rzachs
April 11th, 2014, 03:25 AM
The Green light on the back never lit for me either. When I hooked it up it flashed red real fast then I tried the button again and nothing won't light up. Never seen green

cindy@efilive
April 11th, 2014, 08:09 AM
There are no lights on the back of AutoCal. There are 3 buttons on AutoCal, you will need to be more specific as to which one you refer to. When you pressed the button what were you trying to do? Be very specific with detailing menu selections. Were you connected to the vehicle? Were you connected to a PC? What position was your ignition on?

Have you contacted Motorops? They are the people who configured AutoCal for your vehicle and are your first contact point for support.

Cheers
Cindy

Rzachs
April 11th, 2014, 09:58 AM
After instalation of dsp5 switch you push the button

cindy@efilive
April 11th, 2014, 01:25 PM
What button? The button on the physical switch? Or an AutoCal button. NOTE: AutoCal has 3 buttons, if you mean AutoCal, you need to specify which button, and also explain the task you are trying to perform by pressing that button. For reference, a picture of AutoCal can be found on our website on the right hand side below FlashScan. http://www.efilive.com.

Can you also please review my previous post and answer each of those questions too.

Cheers
Cindy