PDA

View Full Version : Simple Autocal License question

FPSeth
April 16th, 2014, 08:16 AM
I tuned a customers car using a license from my Flashscan- now I received an Autocal for his car-when I connect it will the license be used up that is on the Autocal or will it already recognize that this ecu is already licensed?

darcy
April 16th, 2014, 08:46 AM
You'll need to use a new vin licence in the Autocal in order to flash it with the Auotcal.
Licencing of controllers is independent between Autocals and the parent V2.

FPSeth
April 22nd, 2014, 10:04 AM
You'll need to use a new vin licence in the Autocal in order to flash it with the Auotcal.
Licencing of controllers is independent between Autocals and the parent V2.

So the customer still has to purchase a V2 license from me? If I am tuning the vehicle on the dyno in my shop and I have the Autocal here, I guess I can just use the Autocal alone for programming and not have to license the vehicle to my V2?

cindy@efilive
April 22nd, 2014, 11:38 AM
Licensing schemes are device dependent - licenses are not transferable. If you want to tune a vehicle on a different device, it will need to be licensed to that device.

Licenses cannot be moved between devices.

Each AutoCal ships with 1 license to allow you to tune 1 supported vehicle. If you are tuning the vehicle in house and intend to sell the customer an AutoCal device and wish to minimise your cost, you should flash the vehicle with the AutoCal.

Cheers
Cindy