PDA

View Full Version : AVT Interface support for scanning.

poopsbrown
April 19th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Would it be possible to add in AVT protocol support for the scan tool? Would be very handy since I have so many boxes. I know there are a lot of dual efilive & tunercat/DHP/JET/etc owners out there that would be grateful!

joecar
April 19th, 2014, 06:31 PM
You mean to connect to Tunercat and JET interfaces...?

Don't you already have software for that...?

Taz
April 19th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Hi Joecar ... the squirrel chasing his nuts, is trying to find a back door means of reading / saving a LML diesel calibration in *.bin format.

poopsbrown
April 20th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Hi Joecar ... the squirrel chasing his nuts, is trying to find a back door means of reading / saving a LML diesel calibration in *.bin format.

What? This has nothing to do with LMLs. It has to do with asking efilive to build in AVT protocol for SCANNING, not for reading/writing flash. You cant read a tricore ecu in boot mode with a VPW/CAN via obd2 device. That would be like pouring coolant in your engine. Just not compatible.

"joecar
You mean to connect to Tunercat and JET interfaces...?

Don't you already have software for that...?"

Joecar. I have tunercats. I have efi live, and others.....BUT.... Tunercats has no scanning abilities. There are a bunch of half baked solutions like MXscan but they suck. There are a lot of folks out there with the hardware!

As stated above. Looking for AVT support for the scan tool, like when EFIlive team added support for the autotap interfaces.

GMPX
April 20th, 2014, 10:06 AM
EFILive started off with the Autotap interface for scanning, then designed their own with the V1 VPW-USB interface.
I don't even know what the AVT interface is, but we won't be adding support for any 3rd party devices.

poopsbrown
April 20th, 2014, 11:45 AM
EFILive started off with the Autotap interface for scanning, then designed their own with the V1 VPW-USB interface.
I don't even know what the AVT interface is, but we won't be adding support for any 3rd party devices.

Damn. Would love to buya few licenses for different computers for scanning. :)
http://www.avt-hq.com/
One of the more robust vehicle communications packages out there. The 852 is the modern USB version. ALso this is what tunercats, jet, DHP, (maybe ls1edit I forgot!), westers, and (maybe old Hptuners?) used. But that is small potatoes compared to the OEM's and powertrain market they normally serve. Very popular devices, the protocol would be an easy implementation if the team ever change their mind!

ElecTech
April 21st, 2014, 02:33 AM
ECM-Pro Scan from Westers is the only tool I have found compatible, and it's coverage and featuyres are pretty good for the money. It is basically PCM Scan from Palmer's that has been customized for use with the AVT interfaces.

I have it and am satisfied with it. I mostly use it for LT1 and 96-97 Black box Vortec PCMs.

poopsbrown
April 21st, 2014, 04:16 AM
ECM-Pro Scan from Westers is the only tool I have found compatible, and it's coverage and featuyres are pretty good for the money. It is basically PCM Scan from Palmer's that has been customized for use with the AVT interfaces.

I have it and am satisfied with it. I mostly use it for LT1 and 96-97 Black box Vortec PCMs.

Yah I saw that. I already own ScanXL, and have been bugging Palmer performance to add in AVT support. They already did it for westers, it should be a very easy job for them, and they are not interested. Palmer performance is on life uspport it seems. forums dead, no updates in years etc. Its too bad, the software has 'good bones' but they are just letting it die.

GMPX
April 21st, 2014, 10:55 AM
the protocol would be an easy implementation if the team ever change their mind!
I don't see why EFILive would want to put the effort in to support 3rd party hardware, you've made it clear that you are looking for the cheapest (free) option for what you want to play with.

poopsbrown
April 21st, 2014, 05:20 PM
I don't see why EFILive would want to put the effort in to support 3rd party hardware, you've made it clear that you are looking for the cheapest (free) option for what you want to play with.

If the pricing is reasonable I would purchase an extra license. There are also a lot of tuners with the same hardware out there, so it might not be a bad idea, especially if it gets them more interested in other efilive products :cool:

GMPX
April 21st, 2014, 06:07 PM
'An extra license', in what way?

poopsbrown
April 21st, 2014, 07:23 PM
Well I imagined you would want to charge for your extra work. I pay you send an unlock code or some sort of arrangement? Whatever suits you folks best.

GMC-2002-Dmax
April 22nd, 2014, 06:29 AM
Just buy a K-Tag........nothing is free in life, either step up or step off.

Nobody is going to send you a .bin, and I mean nobody !!

Have a nice day

GMPX
April 22nd, 2014, 09:17 AM
Well I imagined you would want to charge for your extra work. I pay you send an unlock code or some sort of arrangement? Whatever suits you folks best.
It'll probably never happen, our development is focused on our V8 software, not V7.5. The V8 software relies on some smarts in the interface cable to work (our own hardware), we don't want to give that information out nor do we want to change any of that to work with 3rd party hardware, it is very much closed shop.