PDA

View Full Version : 4l60e tranny shifting problems

vettenv
April 18th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Hi, to all on the forum. I'm the freshest newbie.. I have just started working with efi in the last few days. I'm trying to program a 01 ws6 with a build tranny. It has a stall and beefy internals, and it just will not shift worth a crap. I have been in the computer briefly and worked with a few different setting but nothing seems to be fixing the problem. I talked to another guy today that said the factory computer may be to blame. That everything works off voltages and the computer may not be making the changes..Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

ringram
April 18th, 2006, 06:53 AM
More details please.
What exactly are you trying to achieve and what exactly is happening if anything.
Also what are you changing to try to get it to work.

SSpdDmon
April 18th, 2006, 07:13 AM
What have you changed? Did you disable/reduce torque management? Did you alter the base shift pressures? Did you change the desired shift times? These are all tables that affect the shifting characteristics of the trans. Personally, I don't suggest more than a 10% increase in base shift pressures, more than a 15% decrease in desired shift times, and more than a 50% decrease of torque management settings. Doing these three combined should get your trans shifting harder & faster. If you have a shift kit installed, I wouldn't suggest anything other than stock settings. The only other settings that you should adjust in the trans is when the shifts occur (mph/rpm) and when the tcc locks/unlocks. Just my $0.02. :)

jfpilla
April 18th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Hi, to all on the forum. I'm the freshest newbie.. I have just started working with efi in the last few days. I'm trying to program a 01 ws6 with a build tranny. It has a stall and beefy internals, and it just will not shift worth a crap. I have been in the computer briefly and worked with a few different setting but nothing seems to be fixing the problem. I talked to another guy today that said the factory computer may be to blame. That everything works off voltages and the computer may not be making the changes..Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

http://efiforum.iqd.co.nz/showthread.php?t=1723&highlight=adaptive+learning

Read this thread.

joecar
April 18th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Vette, pm sent.