PDA

View Full Version : MTX-L not logging correct

jet231
April 28th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Hi,

I have an Innovate MTX-L hooked into my flashscan V2 via serial connection and it currently won't read correctly. For example, it will read around 7.51 on efilive scan and 14.7 on the innovate gauge. From what I can tell, it is all hooked up correctly and I have selected innovate wbo2 in the flashscan itself. I have tried logging basically any pid to do with wideband o2 and nothing looks correct..

On a side note, I also connect a Techedge wbo2 into this flashscan and it is currently doing the same thing even when I select Techedge in the flashscan.

Is there a basic setting that I am missing? I have attached a small log16794

joecar
April 29th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Can you also log EXT.WO2LAM1 and EXT.WO2LAM2... these are the serial comms wideband pids.

Please note that your log shows AFR_LC11 and AFR_TE1... these are the analog wideband pid (as are the BEN pids you logged).

If V2 reads AFR 7.51 from your MTX, then please check your analog wiring (AD+ = signal, AD- = ground/return).

So you have both serial comms and analog connection wired up...? Are you using a null modem adapter or a null modem modified serial comms cable...

Does the MTX require a terminator on its SERIAL IN port...?

Also to check your serial comms connection, plug V2 into the OBD2 port, and on the LCD navigate down to the display that shows the wideband data.

bimbleuk
April 29th, 2014, 05:59 PM
No terminator required.

jet231
April 29th, 2014, 08:53 PM
I will try and get a log of those 2 pids.
There is no analogue connection, only serial. I am using a modified serial comms cable.. my thoughts are that if tx and rx are backwards, it wouldn't read at all?
I will double check next time I start it but I am fairly confident the reading was wrong on the v2 screen as well.