PDA

View Full Version : Efi problem, HELP!

Ckloess
May 3rd, 2014, 10:01 AM
Kind of in a pinch here and need some help. I installed my sinister egr delete kit and flo pro turbo back 5 inch straight pipe. Now this morning i went to install my efi tunes. In the middle of the tuning it says "aborting anti-tune" and then does the count up to 100%. Then it says turn ignition off and counts down from 10. Then it goes back to the main screen, the tune i selected to upload. When i start the truck it runs bogs down goes back to normal idle and continues to do that. Also the check engine light comes on, so i went to scan the dtcs and it gives me an error code. I got my other code reader and scanned it and got4 different codes all egr related. Also it never gave me the option to "license the tuner". What am i missing or doing wrong here? Sorry for the long post. I've been told I have the updated ECM with the Bootloader. I've been told the smarty J67, S67 and raceMe versions will bring it back to stock and get rid of the boot loader so I can then update my efi tunes. Is that correct and are there any other options because I don't have access to a Smarty. If any one in the Chicago/Rockford/southeast wi area has one and is willing to let me borrow it aim willing to pay you.

longcummins
May 3rd, 2014, 10:07 AM
What you have been told
Is correct you will need a smarty to reset the boot logger. Load up the smarty then uninstall it. Then load up
You efilive tune and all is well.

Ckloess
May 3rd, 2014, 10:08 AM
Ok, if anybody has one I can use I'd greatly appreciate it!!

longcummins
May 3rd, 2014, 10:11 AM
Where are you located ? I am in central Ohio if you are close I have a smarty that we could use to reset your boot logger.

Ckloess
May 3rd, 2014, 10:13 AM
I'm just outside of Chicago. Im sure that's a bit farther than your willing to drive haha. I've been told not to drive my truck until I get the tune loaded

cindy@efilive
May 3rd, 2014, 10:13 AM
EFILive cannot flash 6.7L vehicles with the 601 bootblock. This particular ECM has a heightened level of security from the factory, and to this end we have decided not to implement the sledgehammer fix the handhelds use. While we develop a complete solution, there is no option to rectify this with EFILive, however you can with a handheld, then use EFILive.

As a general point, please don't ask us to implement the sledgehammer and then revisit our design...our motto remains do it once and do it right.

Cheers
Cindy

longcummins
May 3rd, 2014, 10:20 AM
My suggestion to you is find someone close to you that will rent loan or what ever you a smarty to fix your boot logger problem then reinstall your efilive tune and never look back . Efilive is the best hands down. If you weren't 8 hrs away I would gladly help you out.

Ckloess
May 3rd, 2014, 10:25 AM
Cindy, I'm confused as to what you mean in the second part of your response. However if I offended you in any way, I honestly did not mean to.

Ckloess
May 3rd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Longcummins, I really appreciate it. I found one 2 hours a way but the guy will only sell it to me. And he wants 700.

longcummins
May 3rd, 2014, 10:29 AM
Keep looking there are way to many of them around probably closer to you than you realize. Cummins forum, ect....

cindy@efilive
May 3rd, 2014, 10:48 AM
Cindy, I'm confused as to what you mean in the second part of your response. However if I offended you in any way, I honestly did not mean to.

Pretty much every time this comes up, people ask us to copy the solution of the handhelds as an interim measure, and I understand that makes perfect sense to many customers. The reality is we don't have that time to spare, so that time would be best spent on a permanent, complete solution not the hack job everyone else does.

Cheers
Cindy

Ckloess
May 3rd, 2014, 10:50 AM
Oh ok, I wasn't asking you to change or do anything. Just looking for options to get my truck up and running. Sorry

longcummins
May 3rd, 2014, 12:27 PM
Cheers Cindy, but until their is a fix we will do what works to make your software work to make our systems compatibility with efi-live.! Just a average joe working with what is available.