PDA

View Full Version : cant switch tunes with insight

ed canez
May 3rd, 2014, 01:29 PM
I have 2004.5 lly and I cant switch tunes with insight> efi live is on and atp has tested and assured me its not their files don't know what to look for

cindy@efilive
May 3rd, 2014, 04:35 PM
If ATP have setup your tunes to switch via the CTS then they are also setup to switch via AutoCal. Try and switch via AutoCal and see how you go.

Cheers
Cindy

ed canez
May 4th, 2014, 05:34 AM
thxs for replying Cindy. As I look through my auto cal files the five individual tunes are all on one file, they are not broken down indivdually

cindy@efilive
May 4th, 2014, 12:14 PM
A DSP tune has 5 settings, but is consolidated into one single tune.

If the tune is setup to switch via Edge, it's also possible to switch via AutoCal.

Using your AutoCal, connect to the vehicle, and scroll through the menu structure to Switch Tunes. Within that menu you will be able to switch tunes on the fly via your AutoCal.

NOTE: This is assuming your AutoCal is set to the Simple Menu Structure, and you are running Nov 5 public release software/firmware (or later) on your device.

Cheers
Cindy

ed canez
May 4th, 2014, 12:38 PM
when I go to switch tunes I get random tunes that I did not request ie smokeless, then when I try to go to these tunes I get "no support" message. help stuck on one tune. I was having this problem with original tunes sent, called atp and sent them a copy of my stock file they sent me new tunes saying new file has been tested and fI it doesn't work then not the fault of their tunning. In between all of this I had my insight stolen replaced with new one same issue.

cindy@efilive
May 4th, 2014, 01:06 PM
First up, each company that sells AutoCal has the flexibility to tailor the device to their business requirements. As such, it's difficult for EFILive to provide end user support given the different configuration options. You need to follow the instructions provided by ATP or contact them for further assistance.

To me it actually sounds like you never removed your old tunes and replaced your newly written tunes onto the AutoCal.

You need to save the files ATP emailed you onto your PC. Then connect AutoCal to your PC and navigate to EFILive Explorer.

Click on Start>Program Files>EFILive>V8>EFI Live Explorer.

In the bottom window on the data files tab, drag your 'old tunes' and save them somewhere on your PC to take a copy then delete then from your AutoCal.

In the top left window, navigate to where you saved your revised tune files, then drag them to the bottom window to copy them to your AutoCal. Once done, disconnect your AutoCal and go and flash your truck.

Appropriate screen shots can be found in the EFILive AutoCal Customer Quick start guide which can be found here http://content.efilive.com/documents/EFILive%20AutoCal%20Customer%20Quick%20Start%20Gui de.pdf

Cheers
Cindy

ed canez
May 4th, 2014, 01:19 PM
I did all that with new tunes, when u say remove old tunes that is done when flashing new tunes correct? As far as contacting them they always seem way to busy ,don't reply to e-mails and seldom get a call back. I know its almost impossible to solve issues like this with out knowing the configurations, just hoping that there was something I could try on my side to get my tunes to switch

cindy@efilive
May 4th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Removing old tunes can mean 2 things. Removing them from the device, or removing them from your ECM by flashing a different tune over the top.

To remove the old tunes from your device, follow the instructions provided above via EFILive Explorer - just make sure you save them/take a backup of them before you delete them from the device.

If you choose to simply add additional tunes to your AutoCal (AutoCal can hold 5 individual tune files at once), then when you go to program your vehicle, you need to select the appropriate tune file from the AutoCal menu. Typically the file you programmed first will be PROG 1, and the new file you added to your AutoCal will be PROG 2, so make sure when you flash you select the right tune file. If in any doubt, simply backup and remove the single tune file from the AutoCal so that the only tune file on the device is the DSP file.

Cheers
Cindy

ed canez
May 4th, 2014, 01:32 PM
yeah, I have the new tune and old tune on my auto cal, I have tried them both , no switching :(

cindy@efilive
May 4th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Ed, you will need to go back to ATP for support. The tune files can only be accessed by the FlashScan V2 that was used to create the tunes for your AutoCal.

Mike from ATP frequents our forum, so I'll PM him to take a look at this thread.

Cheers
Cindy

ATPCummins
May 5th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Hello, Ed. Sorry to hear about the problems that you have been having. Please give us a call at your earliest convince so that we can work with you and figure out what is going on. My name is Mike, and I would be happy to help you out. Anyone that answers should also be able to help you out.

ed canez
May 5th, 2014, 12:55 PM
k mike I will call Tuesday and ask for u