PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my order/purchase

Mikey 97Z M6
May 4th, 2014, 04:45 AM
I ordered a new VIN license and I got an email reply saying the order needs attention. Something about the authorization code is not correct. I checked the code I supplied in the order and it appears the last sequence of numbers is only showing five digits. Are all the sequences supposed to have six digits? When I look at the new authorization codes it appears they are always six digits for each sequence. If so, I can supply a new code easy enough but it's Sunday here in the states. Probably easier for me to PM a new code to someone who can help me out and get this handled. I would like to scan this vehicle today if possible.

Next question. I just got a different laptop and so I installed the V8 software. It's been several years since I've used EFILive so I'm not up to date with the new changes. From what I've read so far is that the V8 version is not fully implemented? If not, do I need to install V7.5 also in order to do tuning/scanning? I updated the bootblock and firmware on the V2 but I think I updated the firmware before updating the bootblock. I later found out this might have been updated out of order? How would I know if it is wrong?

Thanks,
Mike Hankel

GMPX
May 4th, 2014, 10:18 AM
I ordered a new VIN license and I got an email reply saying the order needs attention.
When an order needs attention it can only be looked at during business hours, as I post this the office in NZ has been open for an hour today so you should be contacted shortly.

cindy@efilive
May 4th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I ordered a new VIN license and I got an email reply saying the order needs attention. Something about the authorization code is not correct. I checked the code I supplied in the order and it appears the last sequence of numbers is only showing five digits. Are all the sequences supposed to have six digits? When I look at the new authorization codes it appears they are always six digits for each sequence. If so, I can supply a new code easy enough but it's Sunday here in the states. Probably easier for me to PM a new code to someone who can help me out and get this handled. I would like to scan this vehicle today if possible.

Mike, you order was manually processed about 30 mins ago. You should now have your license code.

Next question. I just got a different laptop and so I installed the V8 software. It's been several years since I've used EFILive so I'm not up to date with the new changes. From what I've read so far is that the V8 version is not fully implemented? If not, do I need to install V7.5 also in order to do tuning/scanning? I updated the bootblock and firmware on the V2 but I think I updated the firmware before updating the bootblock. I later found out this might have been updated out of order? How would I know if it is wrong?

Thanks,
Mike Hankel

You need to download and install V7 as well as V8. V7 is still used for tune modification/editing. As we implement support for new controllers, they are no longer added to V7 for read/flash. Existing controllers can be read and flashed using V7 or V8 software, however if you run into issues with either process in V7, our first line of support will ask you to try those functions in V8.

If you are still tuning the LS1 in your signature you can use V7 to read, flash and edit, and V8 simply to update your Firmware and bootblock, which if you haven't used EFILive in some time V7 may be a good option for you.

What firmware and bootblock do you now have in your FlashScan? Post those details and we will determine the best process for you to upgrade. This article will provide details on how to find your version numbers. https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7141-YSDK-3270.

Cheers
Cindy

Mikey 97Z M6
May 4th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Mike, you order was manually processed about 30 mins ago. You should now have your license code.

You need to download and install V7 as well as V8. V7 is still used for tune modification/editing. As we implement support for new controllers, they are no longer added to V7 for read/flash. Existing controllers can be read and flashed using V7 or V8 software, however if you run into issues with either process in V7, our first line of support will ask you to try those functions in V8.

If you are still tuning the LS1 in your signature you can use V7 to read, flash and edit, and V8 simply to update your Firmware and bootblock, which if you haven't used EFILive in some time V7 may be a good option for you.

What firmware and bootblock do you now have in your FlashScan? Post those details and we will determine the best process for you to upgrade. This article will provide details on how to find your version numbers. https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7141-YSDK-3270.

Cheers
Cindy

Thanks for the reply, I just checked my email and there is an activation code ready to use.

Current firmware version: 2.07.52
Current bootlock version: 2.07.06

I still have the vehicle in my sig although I bought the new VIN license for use on a 2000 Tahoe with a 5.3l Vortec (LS) engine.

Thanks,

Mike

cindy@efilive
May 4th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Firmware and boot block are fine. You are now ready to go.

Cheers
Cindy

Mikey 97Z M6
May 5th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Great, thank you!

Mike