PDA

View Full Version : DSP5 LMM won't switch

catman3126
May 4th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Just installed a DSP5 and tunes in an LMM and stays on the Non DSP setting. Pins are in the correct holes, triple checked that. The pins on the ECM aren't bent checked that. It's showing .598 volts on the red wire at the switch and the same right off the ECM, there is continuity between the ECM and the switch on both wires. I verified the OS that is in the ECM with the scan tool is in fact a DSP5 OS. the 5 setting lock is in the right spot also. is there something going on with DSP5 OS's or what else could it be?

comnrailpwr
May 5th, 2014, 11:33 AM
I have installed new bad switches before, just a thought.

30 RUM
May 8th, 2014, 03:27 AM
Hey Catman3126

Did you get this figured out, I'm having the same problem with a LBZ I just flashed (not switching tunes). I haven't checked voltage yet. I'm going to do a full flash again just to make sure nothing went wrong.

Thnx

Sam

Rzachs
August 19th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Make sure again on the pins bottomed and seated fully. Give then a light tug when you have the purple clip in. I had one not seated fully and I thought and checked three times and thought it was till I tugged it and it popped out.

30 RUM
August 20th, 2014, 04:38 AM
Thanks, mine was a switch install error. My buddy "installed" the switch before giving me the truck. Ha

Sam