PDA

View Full Version : 6L80E and 4WD Low range on drivetrain swaps

400ss
May 4th, 2014, 12:05 PM
I dont know if this thread is ok here..

Been working on some engine swaps, have done like 5 using the 6L80 .

E38 5.3L tune, 6L80E camaro Tune, 2WD vehicle, it worked perfectly, ECM and TCM worked fine, different years tunes different VINS and it worked

6.2L VVT , 6L80E, same, different years tunes and it worked fine, only problem was on 4Low, i was having problems how to let know the ECM that it was on 4Low, pin 2 on E38, i grounded and nothing happen,

Recently i was working on a XJ cheroke, 08 5.3L and ECM, 2010 6L80E and 2010 TCM tune, it worked fine, perfectly, but again same problem on 4Low, it revs and hits the rev limiter then it shift, this takes sometime ,

But i think i just find the solution. I changued H0160 (DriveTrain Type) from NOT DEFINED to 4WD, now if a ground the PIN#2 on the E38, on the SCAN AND LOG SOFTWARE with the GM.FWDR it now does changue from inactive to active.. So looks like the E38 now know when its on 4Low.... Now i want to changue the SPEEDS and RPM shift in 4Low, does anybody know wich PATTERN is FOR the 4WD Low?? it looks like it is PATTERN B???

Any help?

BBtech
August 14th, 2014, 12:45 AM
400ss, did you ever find the correct table? I am starting on an LC9/6L80 swap into FZJ80 landcruiser and am collecting data, that's a piece I will need knowledge of.
Thanks

400ss
August 17th, 2014, 04:12 AM
The 6L80E in my experience work really exellent on the street, daily, and in for wheel drive high.. in my cases, i have used it on some jeeps and xj cherokees, and in the LOW range, it will hit rev limiter, you need to remove your feet from the gas a litle so it can shift.. i tried everything, low range input wire, tried to lower rev shift tables, speed shift table, and it still the same, sometimes it will be better but not 100% right.. i think it is because in 4Low, it revss really fast, and if you combine 4Low plus 4.10 + differential gear ratio, in the time the trans calculate when to shift it already hits rev limiter, thats what i think but i havent find a solution to make it work perfectly on 4Low range..

400ss, did you ever find the correct table? I am starting on an LC9/6L80 swap into FZJ80 landcruiser and am collecting data, that's a piece I will need knowledge of.
Thanks