PDA

View Full Version : What exactly can the BBL do?

C5 Pete
May 5th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Here's my needs and I believe the flashscan will do it, but I'm looking for confirmation.

I'm a drag racer and compete in an index class. I need my car to run a certain time, regardless of the weather conditions - well, not in snow or rain...:ermm:

I use the ETC Max Position B2702 table to adjust how quick the car goes. I have files saved from 55% all the way to 90% at 1% increments. (a lot of tunes saved)

So, I'm hoping, and I believe, I can transfer them all to my FSV2 and not need my laptop in my car with me. Is this correct? I have a 32G SD card. I can get a larger one if necessary. Should I load the tunes directly onto the SD card from my laptop, and then insert the card into the FSV2? seems to be an easy way to do it, provided the FSV2 doesn't need a different type of file.

I can then flash the tune needed for conditions while in the car.

Am I correct? I haven't found the secret window of brilliance needed to perform this action yet, but, I'm sure it's buried somewhere deep within the EFI tutorials and/or this forum.

Thanks.

darcy
May 5th, 2014, 11:59 AM
You understand correctly.

No need for a bigger card, the V2 is limited in how much card space it can 'see'. 2Gb is all that is usefull, if I recall correctly.

Copy all your tunes onto the card, either direct from the PC, or via EFILive explorer.
They should go in the tune folder.
You can create subfolders to make it easier to find the files rather than scrolling many, many file if you prefer.

For example, I have a separate subfolder for vehicle that I use the V2 on.

Then you can BBF any given tune into your vehicle without needing the laptop.

C5 Pete
May 5th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Thanks!

Life will be so much easier without the laptop in the way...

This is why I bought EFI Live V2

joecar
May 6th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Hi Pete,

See post #2 here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

When your V2 is configured with flashable tune files for your PCM, you can navigate the LCD/menu to flash any of those files.

Be aware that with some vehicles (Corvette) you may have to disable some of the other modules (pull fuses) before flashing the PCM...
i.e. when flashing with V2, simply do the same thing as you currently do with V7 with regards to the other modules.

swingtan
May 7th, 2014, 08:54 AM
You mention that you're using ETC to limit the car to a set time. Have you thought about using torque management to do that instead?

Given the later controllers will calculate torque for the given conditions, you may find that using torque management to limit the peak torque might work better than limiting throttle. This (in theory) would mean you don't need as many tune files.

Simon.