PDA

View Full Version : autocal for corvette

Y BE AVG
May 6th, 2014, 01:01 AM
When can we expect to be able to use autocal on c7 corvette? Not available option in menu. Have a car that we need to send with.

cindy@efilive
May 6th, 2014, 10:57 AM
AutoCal requires a FlashScan device to create and send the tunes to the AutoCal. Is your issue that you can create a tune with FlashScan but not locate it on the AutoCal, or is your issue that the C7 is not available for tuning on your FlashScan device?

E92 support was added last year. Read and Flash support is only available using V8 software, not V7, so first of all please make sure you are running the November public release software, firmware and bootblock. http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

If you are running that software, and cannot select E92 from the menu, you can right click over the controller and manually select E92.

In addition, there are a number of new E92 operating systems are scheduled for our next software release, so it is possible that your OS is not supported. If this is the case please PM me your email address along with which OS you require support for and I'll shoot it through.

Cheers
Cindy

Y BE AVG
May 7th, 2014, 12:44 AM
We are familiar with how to program autocal, thats primarily the way we send our cars out. we are running pre release v8 2.2.238 from nov. 20, 2013. Do we need to go back to the public release? Because right now E92 is not an option at all in the scan or tune controller menus for BBX. OS engine is 12660065 trans os is 24270599

cindy@efilive
May 7th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks for clarifying the situation with AutoCal. For every one customer who has both FlashScan and AutoCal looking for support, we would receive 10 support requests from customers who only have AutoCal and need to contact their tuner for support.

The public pre-release is fine, your E92 OS is supported in that release, however your T43 is not supported in that release. Please PM me your email address and I will email you the calibration files so you can tune your TCM. In anycase, there are some additional parameters for your E92 OS, so I'll send them through with your T43.

The architecture of the V8 Scan and Tune. BBX setup requires the user to add additional controllers to the list. This is primarily because most tuners only use 1 or 2 controllers and it's unnecessary to setup every controller for every device.

With AutoCal connected to your PC, start the V8 Scan and Tune (S&T) software, click BBx, click Tune, and add E92 to the list. You will then need to program E92 to the AutoCal device using the Program All selection at the bottom on the page. Full instructions can be found on Page 31 of the V8 Reference document contained in your V8 Scan and Tune software under the Help>Documents menu.

Cheers
Cindy

Y BE AVG
May 8th, 2014, 12:52 AM
got it added, pm sent. Thank you very much.

cindy@efilive
May 8th, 2014, 11:46 AM
I've emailed you the files.

Cheers
Cindy