PDA

View Full Version : Preloading Maps

cyipher
May 7th, 2014, 05:05 AM
I know you preload custom pids in the bbl screen using the v7 button so they show up when you open them in 7.5, but what about maps? every time i log and pull the log file i have to reopen the ben and afr maps, is there a way to preload these maps too?

Kyle

swingtan
May 7th, 2014, 09:04 AM
In the same section where you set the custom PIDs, select the "dashboard" that you will use for viewing the log.
Then open scan tool and ensure the same dashboard is selected and configure the maps as needed.
Ensure you save the entire dashboard so the maps are saved as well. then every time you open that dash, the maps should remain.

cyipher
May 7th, 2014, 12:08 PM
In the same section where you set the custom PIDs, select the "dashboard" that you will use for viewing the log.
Then open scan tool and ensure the same dashboard is selected and configure the maps as needed.
Ensure you save the entire dashboard so the maps are saved as well. then every time you open that dash, the maps should remain.

I tried this and it didnt save the map. I clicked the multiple save icon, and all it saved is the three dash pages but no maps, what as I missing here?

joecar
May 7th, 2014, 10:30 PM
When you open a map on a map letter tab, it usually stays assigned to that letter tab...

cyipher
May 9th, 2014, 01:43 AM
When you open a map on a map letter tab, it usually stays assigned to that letter tab...

It doesnt if i double click the log file from my hdd, think it might if i open it from an already running v7.5 session with maps loaded?

Ninety8C5
May 9th, 2014, 10:01 AM
see post #5 from Blacky in this thread:

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?10840-Make-the-scantool-remember-my-maps&highlight=.mls

Also check post #8

cyipher
May 12th, 2014, 12:50 AM
see post #5 from Blacky in this thread:

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?10840-Make-the-scantool-remember-my-maps&highlight=.mls

Also check post #8

BINGO! Thank you...