PDA

View Full Version : Loaded files not appearing on Autocal

FPSeth
May 7th, 2014, 05:15 AM
I had this autocal working fine on an E38 car, then I erased all of the files from the Autocal in Explorer by clicking 'format data' and now when I try to load more tunes into it, they show up on the F3 tab "Data files" but they are not available on the autocal when I go to load them into the car? Nothing shows up under Program or Full.
I have tried to reformat and reload the Config files and double checked that the files I am sending to the autocal were "saved for remote use". But no luck- no program files will appear.

cindy@efilive
May 7th, 2014, 10:55 AM
As per your other thread ,make sure the controller type is setup for BBX features first.
It should take between 30-60 seconds to copy the file from your PC to your AutoCal. After the copy is complete, and before you disconnect the AutoCal from your PC, scroll through the Program menu and see if the file is infact there.

I've tested on my AutoCal this morning and couldn't find an issue.

Cheers
Cindy

FPSeth
May 13th, 2014, 08:50 AM
I've tried this exact procedure on 3 different autocals using different BBX features (using Program ALL required data) and I keep getting the same results: the tunes/files are on the autocal's according to explorer but they don't show up on the programing menu of the autocal. If I unplug the autocal and plug it back in the same tunes show up in explorer and I can see that the correct amount of memory is being used.
What is the proper way to erase everything on these and start over? I have been using the 'Format all data' button to erase the tunes- does this erase any of the Config data too?
I will try again by going to Config and Format Config and I will Format from the F3 data section and try starting from scratch.

FPSeth
May 13th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Ok, I started from scratch with a brand new Autocal and the exact same thing happens. I checked the firmware of it and it matches the Nov.5 release that is loaded on my flashscan. 16883
I must have something setup wrong somewhere??

darcy
May 13th, 2014, 11:46 AM
You need to stick the tunes into the Tune sub-folder.

cindy@efilive
May 13th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Darcy is right, tune files need to be saved in the Tune directory.

It is mentioned in the customer quick start guide on the final page, http://content.efilive.com/documents/EFILive%20AutoCal%20Customer%20Quick%20Start%20Gui de.pdf but when we revise that document I'll see if we can make the instructions clearer.

Paul will look at adding a restriction and display a message to prevent writing Tune files to the EFILive root directory.

To resolve this, you will need to remove the files in the EFILive root directory, then re-copy them into the correct folder.

Cheers
Cindy

FPSeth
May 14th, 2014, 11:28 AM
OK- that was indeed the problem- the default folder that came up when I connected was "read" and not "tune" and that's where my files were going.
But I do want to point out that what you originally said, Cindy, "After the copy is complete, and before you disconnect the AutoCal from your PC, scroll through the Program menu and see if the file is infact there." does not work. the Autocal has to be unplugged and powered down and re-powered before the tunes show up on the screen. At least thats the way it is here!
Can I recommend a couple of video tutorials thrown up on youtube? That would go a long way to fixing a lot of these silly little headaches.

cindy@efilive
May 14th, 2014, 12:12 PM
OK- that was indeed the problem- the default folder that came up when I connected was "read" and not "tune" and that's where my files were going.
But I do want to point out that what you originally said, Cindy, "After the copy is complete, and before you disconnect the AutoCal from your PC, scroll through the Program menu and see if the file is infact there." does not work. the Autocal has to be unplugged and powered down and re-powered before the tunes show up on the screen. At least thats the way it is here!
Can I recommend a couple of video tutorials thrown up on youtube? That would go a long way to fixing a lot of these silly little headaches.

I'll test that step again, thanks for pointing that out.

Our documentation is in the process of being updated. The AutoCal quick start guide is the next document to be reworked. The AutoCal for Tuners document has been reworked. That document will be made available when the next public release is made available as the update contains instructions for the features being delivered in that release.

Cheers
Cindy