PDA

View Full Version : New RoadRunner and the car won't start...

greasess
May 7th, 2014, 08:38 AM
I just installed my new RoadRunner and my otherwise running and driving camaro won't start. I installed the drivers, loaded my OS and calibrations and I can connect to the roadrunner but the car just won't start. The engine turns over but the wideband shows no fuel is being delivered. Also, the scan tool connects but will not show any data. Any help you give this noob will be greatly appreciated.

joecar
May 7th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Did you set it to running mode...?

5.7ute
May 7th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Make sure the Anti theft has been switched off.

greasess
May 8th, 2014, 05:27 AM
Anti theft is off. How do I set the roadrunner to running mode? Thanks a lot joecar and 5.7ute. You two are a big help.

5.7ute
May 8th, 2014, 09:53 AM
With the laptop hooked up to the roadrunner, when you open the roadrunner tab there is an icon of a chip. This is used to switch between running from the calibration in the roadrunner, or emulation mode which runs from the calibration on your laptop. Try starting in both modes.
Sometimes you need to do the full flash to the roadrunner again.

greasess
May 8th, 2014, 03:55 PM
I tried re-flashing several times and I tried starting in both modes several times. Do I have to modify any text files just to get it to start with the RR or is that just for auto tuning? I have searched the moates website, efi live forum and ls1tech and I can't find anything helpful to do with this issue. I would kill for an instruction manual. I know the things I'm asking about seem very basic to you guys but every time somebody says try x it takes me hours of reading to learn what x is, how it works and how to use it. I'm going to pull my hair out and light the car on fire. Thanks for the replys.

5.7ute
May 8th, 2014, 04:10 PM
You should not have to modify any files. Once the correct calibration & operating system files have been loaded it should just be plug & play.
Is this a 512k or 1mb file? Have you read the file from the Roadrunner & made sure the file has taken properly? There is also a way of doing a hard reset on the RR which may help. (I had to do it years ago but cannot remember the procedure.) There may be a thread on here from mr.prick on how this is done.

greasess
May 8th, 2014, 04:22 PM
The file I'm using is 512k and so is the RR. I read the tune back off of the RR and it looks good. I'll try a hard reset and see what that does. Thanks again.

greasess
May 8th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I tried a hard reset and nothing changes. I also can't get any signs of life through the scan tool. It says it connects but none of the pids are showing any data. Could the ls1b they sent me just be bad?

5.7ute
May 8th, 2014, 04:54 PM
You are recording data after you have connected to the scan tool?
If so it sounds like some other issue.
Have you put your other pcm back in & verified it still starts?
Check the roadrunner for bent pins.

greasess
May 8th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I did click the record button, the car does run and drive like normal with the other ecu (this is my only running car right now), and I just checked for bent pins on the rr and there are none. I guess I should contact moates unless anyone has an easy button I could borrow.

5.7ute
May 8th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Wouldn't hurt to flick him an email. I had a similar issue with mine many years ago & it got fixed up with his suggestions. Unfortunately it was many years & just as many computers ago so I do not have a copy of his reply.

greasess
May 9th, 2014, 01:04 PM
I contacted moates, they remoted into my pc and did a few hard resets and told me to send it back to them. Great customer service. I can't wait to get it back and start real time tuning.