PDA

View Full Version : GENIII LS1B Blue connector pin 33 funtion

LS-SWAPPER
May 9th, 2014, 07:33 AM
I'm trying to get a straight answer as to what the blue connector pin 33 is responsible for on an LS1B computer. Both the F body and trucks have it and I am aware that it is used for TCC unlocking on an automatic trans vehicle. My question is does a manual trans use this pin for anything? Does the computer want to know when the brake is on for any sort of deceleration function (both in an auto and manual)? Is it purely for TCC unlock on an auto and nothing else??? I've asked this question to a few different people and have gotten a few different answers.

joeygc5
May 12th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Should just be for the TCC solenoid control only.

LS-SWAPPER
May 12th, 2014, 02:23 AM
That's what I thought until I pulled apart a factory 2000 Silverado harness from a 6.0/nv4500 and it had the purple wire coming from a body connector and going into b33. Its not like chevy to run a wire without a purpose like that. Surely the ecm is reading that pin for some reason, but what???

LS-SWAPPER
May 12th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Here's the circuit in question...

joecar
May 12th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Possibly the PCM might be able to do brake torque management on a manual trans... but IDK for sure.

cyipher
May 13th, 2014, 01:41 AM
I dont know if its in the bcm or ecu, but doesnt the ecu read the brake wire durring CASE Relearn's to ensure you foot is on the brake? I know its not something that is important for daily function buti believe it is needed for that.

LS-SWAPPER
May 13th, 2014, 06:15 AM
Good point cyipher!

400ss
May 13th, 2014, 07:39 AM
ECO on what cyipher says

LS-SWAPPER
November 24th, 2015, 08:22 AM
I'm bringing this back up, I agree it should be there for the CASE relearn but has anyone learned anything if it has other functions in the tune? I hate not knowing. I convert a lot of harnesses for stand alone and it bothers me to not have a 100% grasp of what all the wires do.