PDA

View Full Version : Stock Tune for 09 CTS-V Manual

Dannn
May 9th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Helping a friend out with some tune issues, he bought the car with mods done, returned it all to stock, and flashed his "stock" tune back with SCT. I was able to read it with EFI. The car runs horrible and the LTFTs go to 25-30% Engine load is 15-20% also. Smoked the intake system and didn't find any vac leaks. Compared his tune to an 09 LSA Automatic and there are quite a few differences. Anyone have a stock manual tune I could use to compare and possibly flash?

DrkPhx
May 10th, 2014, 01:51 AM
Here is list of stock tunes you can download. Make sure to match the operating systems.

http://www.tunefiledepot.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=3&Manufacturer=6&VehicleType=P&Stock=Y

Dannn
May 10th, 2014, 01:57 AM
I took a look on there. The only tunes I can find are for automatics. Nothing with a manual trans. I'm not sure what the actual differences are. If someone wouldn't mind taking a look at this tune I would really appreciate it. This is supposed to be a stock tune. However it runs with the LTFTs maxed out.

DrkPhx
May 10th, 2014, 02:11 AM
That is NOT a stock tune you posted. No wonder it drives so bad. It has a lot of parameters changed and DTC's disabled. It must have been a radical set up based on the tune. Anyway, I did find what I believe is a stock tune. I tuned my friends 09 M6 V and found this file. Do you know how to use the compare feature?

DrkPhx
May 10th, 2014, 02:16 AM
They disabled LTFT's because they're set to enable/disable at 283 F. Who did that tune?

Dannn
May 10th, 2014, 02:18 AM
Did it open for you? Im getting an integer overflow error when I try to open it. Might be something with my computer.

Thank you VERY much for that tune. I really appreciate your help.

Dannn
May 10th, 2014, 02:21 AM
I'm not sure who did the tune. He bought the car with a pulley, injectors and some other mods. He returned it to stock mechanically. The previous owner gave him an SCT programmer with a modded tune, and what was supposed to be the stock calibration. The car wouldn't run at all with the custom tune, and it runs, but terribly on the supposed stock tune.

I noticed that about the LTFTs. They stay at 0 unless I force LTFT learning with DVT.

DrkPhx
May 10th, 2014, 02:22 AM
You may have an older version of EFILive. The calibration you posted is in the older "tun" format. I file I posted is "ctz" format. Try a 'save as" to see if it lets you save it as a ctz file.

DrkPhx
May 10th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Try this one. I changed all of the parameters saved it in the tun format.

Dannn
May 10th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Yup its saved as a ctz file. I tried opening it in both V7.5 tune tool, and v8 scan and tune. Both are the most current software. Hmm. Maybe i'll try reinstalling.

DrkPhx
May 10th, 2014, 02:31 AM
Try the tun file I just loaded before reinstalling. I realized I'm on a slightly older version so it may be my file. :)

Dannn
May 10th, 2014, 02:32 AM
Try this one. I changed all of the parameters saved it in the tun format.

Thank you thank you thank you

Opens up just fine.

DrkPhx
May 10th, 2014, 02:36 AM
You're welcome. Glad I could help. Make sure to use the compare the feature to see the differences between the two files.