PDA

View Full Version : External logging using the AV1-4

dmaxdavid
May 12th, 2014, 02:16 AM
I am currently using the external ports on my laptop that I have setup 2 years ago to monitor a few things the ecm wont. It works perfectly on my laptop giving me exact pressure readings in psi as calculated in cal.pids text.

My question is I am trying to use other laptops or send my pid list and calc.pid text to others so they can log using the same sensors but we cannot see the pids that I have created. We can see and log the voltage from the AV1,AV2,AV3, ports but it will not give us the new pids or calculate the voltage to pressure!

Can anyone help with this or did the new updates permanently break the use of the external ports.

I also looked in the BBX pids and noticed that the external pids are completly missing from the list???

joecar
May 12th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Did they copy your calc_pids.txt file to the folder User Configuration...?

Then, on the PIDs tab, click once or twice on the column heading of the far right column to sort the pids by that column... then eyeball down that column until you see the relevant pids (CALC.xxxx).

dmaxdavid
May 12th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Did they copy your calc_pids.txt file to the folder User Configuration...?

Then, on the PIDs tab, click once or twice on the column heading of the far right column to sort the pids by that column... then eyeball down that column until you see the relevant pids (CALC.xxxx).

Yes that's had been tried many times... Then in loaded 7.5 from said computer saved 7.5 to external hard drive from working computer then loaded the entire 7.5 file from working computer to both new computers... Still nothing!

joecar
May 13th, 2014, 03:03 AM
Post screenshots (ALT-PrtScr and save to file... see http://getgreenshot.org/downloads/ for example) showing the PIDs tab.

When you say "saved 7.5 to external drive..." do you mean that the folder My Documents\EFILive\V7.5 was copied to the other PC...?

On the other PC do scantool -> Properties -> Folders and post a screenshot of it.

dmaxdavid
May 13th, 2014, 04:33 AM
And This is the calc.pids that works on my PC

dmaxdavid
May 13th, 2014, 04:35 AM
For some reason my other replys did not show?

dmaxdavid
May 13th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Here they are agian... Maybe the quote option don't allow attachments?

joecar
May 13th, 2014, 04:14 PM
What about the screenshots from the PC that does not work...?

dmaxdavid
May 14th, 2014, 02:41 AM
Working on getting him to post it.