PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with $0548 please help!

protraxrptr17
May 15th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Was able to read stock file with no problems. Modified it and tried full-flash and got error $0548. Engine would not start after that. I tried to read again and got $0311. Had a brainstorm and remembered I had an old smarty jr with a recovery file. Loaded it and changed vin with scan tool. Truck ran fine. Went to tunefiledepot and downloaded clean stock file and tried to load. Get $0548 again and no start. Can plug smarty back in and load file and truck runs until I try a full flash with V2. Then its a no start until I reload the smarty recovery file. What am I gonna do? :bawl:

protraxrptr17
May 15th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Update: tried to reflash with my J2534 which is supposed to be the same as taking it to the dealer for a reflash. It downloads flash files directly from Chrysler. It would get almost finished (about 15 minutes in) and then a popup box would come up saying "lost connection with controller". Engine would still start afterwards. still wont take a full flash from V2.

protraxrptr17
May 15th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Another update: Also have an H&S mini maxx here that loads its tune with no problem after reflashing with the smarty or running the j2534 until it errors. what?????

cindy@efilive
May 15th, 2014, 01:06 PM
It's recently come to light that early 6.7L vehicles have a different timing response requirement to later 6.7L vehicles.

We've recently made and tested change to our software to extend the time required for the controller to respond to our messages. This will most likely be the cause of your $0548 issue, and has been resolved for our next software release (scheduled for 1-2 weeks)

Your $0311 issue is the result of your handheld programmer locking the ECM to prevent the file from being read out. You will not be able to use that file as your base file.

Cheers
Cindy

protraxrptr17
May 15th, 2014, 01:24 PM
It's recently come to light that early 6.7L vehicles have a different timing response requirement to later 6.7L vehicles.

We've recently made and tested change to our software to extend the time required for the controller to respond to our messages. This will most likely be the cause of your $0548 issue, and has been resolved for our next software release (scheduled for 1-2 weeks)

Your $0311 issue is the result of your handheld programmer locking the ECM to prevent the file from being read out. You will not be able to use that file as your base file.

Cheers
Cindy

No, I only get the $0311 after trying to LOAD a tune with my V2. I can read as many times as I want after installing the smarty recovery file or attempting to reflash with the j2534. I have a bunch of clean base files and none of those will load without locking up the ECM. The only way it unlocks is if I load the smarty recovery file or reflash with the j2534.

cindy@efilive
May 15th, 2014, 04:41 PM
No, I only get the $0311 after trying to LOAD a tune with my V2. I can read as many times as I want after installing the smarty recovery file or attempting to reflash with the j2534.
Your first post said....

I tried to read again and got $0311.

I have a bunch of clean base files and none of those will load without locking up the ECM. The only way it unlocks is if I load the smarty recovery file or reflash with the j2534.
If your ECM is timing out with a $0548, then it's not going to matter what file you go to flash, you will always time out until the next update is released.

Cheers
Cindy

protraxrptr17
May 15th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I have the wording all messed up. I just have to figure out what to do until the update is out. It's a customers truck.

computerjlt
June 10th, 2014, 10:07 AM
what hardware and software are you using for the j2534?

have you tried using an actual starscan tool to do a thermo nuclear reset of everything?