PDA

View Full Version : 4l80E convertor unlocking an adding the needed parameter to tune for it.

catman3126
May 16th, 2014, 02:25 AM
So let me start by saying I have read a lot of threads about this so I know what's up with this.

My first question is I saw that TAZ posted he has added parameters to his V2? how is this done? is he rewriting the code in our V2 to gain access to different parameters? I tried the Segment swap and that didn't work it was stuck in one gear and when I hit the throttle it locked the convertor and killed the engine. any other options?

joecar
May 16th, 2014, 03:19 AM
No, he did not add the parameter to V2 (V2 is just an advanced protocol box with additional features).

Taz has found (by self expended time/effort) the address/size/format details of that parameter...

EFILive V7 tunetool allows you to enter those details to expose that parameter (via .cax file).

joecar
May 16th, 2014, 03:20 AM
What exactly did you segment swap from/to, and how...?

catman3126
May 16th, 2014, 03:39 AM
I did a segment swap from a auto corvette 4l60e tune with the same OS as the 6.0 lq4 tune I'm running. I thought that was all that needed to be done but I guess that is incorrect. Any insight as to what I need to do to keep the convertor from unlocking at 0% throttle while driving?

catman3126
May 16th, 2014, 03:42 AM
I did it by opening the lq4 tune and opening the F body tune and Copied the trans op and diagnostic seg an saved the lq4 tune. It changed them like it should but then it didn't run right

joecar
May 16th, 2014, 12:32 PM
The Y/F body trans 4L60E segments won't drive the 4L80E trans (not without some minor harness mods).

EFILive tunetool does not provide a parameter for keeping trans (4L60E or 4L80E) locked on throttle close.