PDA

View Full Version : What A/F ratio to aim for with a lot of meth?

Slowrc
May 21st, 2014, 03:15 AM
Wondering what air/fuel ratio you guys are using for turbo applications with a good bit of meth? I am running 2 15GPH nozzles on an Alky-control kit.
THANKS!

johnv
May 21st, 2014, 03:05 PM
I run two nozzles and a 200 psi pump, and shoot for low 11 afr's on the gas scale.

Slowrc
May 21st, 2014, 08:20 PM
Good to hear. Had another guy answer the same so that makes me feel better. I am in the mid 10's now working on leaning her out. Thanks for sharing!

minytrker
May 22nd, 2014, 09:57 AM
It depends on how your using the meth, lower IAT's. make more hp, more octane, etc. You really cant just shoot for X a/f ratio because there are too many variables IMO.

Slowrc
May 22nd, 2014, 10:05 AM
I am using an alky-control kit to spray 2 M15 nozzles. I use it for octane, cooling , and for more fuel.

johnv
May 23rd, 2014, 07:58 PM
I am using an alky-control kit to spray 2 M15 nozzles. I use it for octane, cooling , and for more fuel.

Same, you should notice a power increase when you get it leaned out to the low 11s.

I have a progressive controller and have altered the boost VE table to allow for the Meth and find fueling very consistant

Slowrc
May 23rd, 2014, 10:23 PM
Yes sir. Last time at the track , the leaner I tuned it , the more mph. Just wanted to know what point others were shooting for. Answers through various forums have all said 10.9 -11.5. Sounds good ! Thanks for responding.

hymey
May 24th, 2014, 08:17 PM
To rich will really hurt it. More then less timing. Just be careful how far you lean it out. You can go to 12.2 to 1 . You need to watch your plugs. Tune to leanest cylinder. As long as it is well atomized before it gets to the intake manifold you will be right. 11.5 to 1 is good. Any richer will hurt it.

Slowrc
June 2nd, 2014, 08:01 AM
To rich will really hurt it. More then less timing. Just be careful how far you lean it out. You can go to 12.2 to 1 . You need to watch your plugs. Tune to leanest cylinder. As long as it is well atomized before it gets to the intake manifold you will be right. 11.5 to 1 is good. Any richer will hurt it.

When shooting 30 Gph straight meth, wouldn't you want it richer than the normal mid to high 11's for air/fuel ratio ??? My meth is not just for cooling. It takes a good deal of fuel map remaoval to run this much meth. Thanks for input guys.