PDA

View Full Version : CASE Relearn problems....

Mangler
May 21st, 2014, 05:40 AM
Having a serious problem initiating a case relearn on my 1998 express van. I have searched and searched and have concluded that it should work.

In Park, hood closed(don't know how the computer would know even if the hood is open), foot on brake--choose ls1 on the dvt tab, activate (green bar across top)... initiate case relearn (OK appears)... rev to 4000+ rpm within 10 seconds....and ........ nothing....no fuel pump cutoff, case error remains. Checked the "state" pid....brake is good and I have no other errors.

Has anyone had any luck making this work on this pcm? I have seen several threads on here on this subject....no one ever reported back to say that it worked. Is Tech 2 the only option for a case relearn on this pcm? Hope not...I hate the dealership. I own EFI Live commercial scan and tune. It makes a successful engine swap or pcm swap or cps swap beyond my abilities......:mad:

bubba68ss
July 16th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I had a similar problem. I believe I solved (it suddenly worked) by setting the brake and brake pedal AFTER I hit the relearn button.