PDA

View Full Version : Saving a tune thats already on the truck

caleb_duramax
May 23rd, 2014, 05:20 PM
So I have another stupid question. How can I save the tune file that's on the truck's computer already? I have a guy with an lbz that already has a dsp5 set up from a previous owner but he doesn't know who the original tuner was. He wants to try tunes from the guy I have. But how do I save his old tunes to my computer incase he doesn't like the tunes from my guy? Then I could just flash his old tune on incase he doesn't like the new ones. Thanks

caleb_duramax
May 25th, 2014, 04:15 AM
Anybody?

KhakiCummins
May 25th, 2014, 05:50 AM
You can't read out a DSP5 tune. They can only be writen over.

cindy@efilive
May 25th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Our DSP Custom OS for LBZ writes to areas of the ECM that cannot be read out.

There was never enough room in writeable memory for a Custom OS, so we had to make room...the downside is you can't read and save out the tune.

Cheers
Cindy

caleb_duramax
May 25th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the info! How can I read a stock tune file and save it?

ScarabEpic22
May 25th, 2014, 02:58 PM
You'll have to find a suitable stock tune for that truck. TuneFileDepot.com might have one otherwise your best bet is have it flashed by the dealer.

caleb_duramax
May 26th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Erik, I know I can get stock tunes from various tuners, but I was asking how to read and save a stock tune file from a truck that's stock?

cindy@efilive
May 26th, 2014, 04:02 PM
The V8 reference manual covers how to read a controller. You will find it by opening your V8 software and clicking on HELP>Documents>V8 reference.

If using pass-through to read, open V8 software, click on the tune icon in the left hand margin, then select F2: read to bring up the reading menu options. (p17) of the V8 reference document.

If using standalone, you'll first need to configure your device for BBX by following the instructions here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch.

Cheers
Cindy

ScarabEpic22
May 26th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Erik, I know I can get stock tunes from various tuners, but I was asking how to read and save a stock tune file from a truck that's stock?

I see, I was assuming you were talking about the LBZ truck that already has a DSP5 in it in which my reply stands. For a stock truck, simply download V8 S&T, click Tune, click Read then click the Read button. :)

caleb_duramax
May 27th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks again!