PDA

View Full Version : EFILive training?

johnsZ06
February 25th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I noticed that a training course might be offered if there is enough interest. Anyone around the Atlanta area interested? I think it would be kind of neat. I for one need all the help I can get!

bink
February 25th, 2005, 10:52 AM
I noticed that a training course might be offered if there is enough interest. Anyone around the Atlanta area interested? I think it would be kind of neat. I for one need all the help I can get!

Where???????????

Blacky
February 25th, 2005, 11:50 AM
http://www.efilive.com/trainingpoll.html

Highlander
February 25th, 2005, 05:21 PM
I was checking to go to some on the states.. i am very interested in this.

bink
February 25th, 2005, 05:37 PM
http://www.efilive.com/trainingpoll.html

Looks and sounds great to me.

A "Tuning" Manual, included with the course, would be a good idea. :D

Cheers,
joel

dbaxter_ss
February 27th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Charlotte, Altanta, Columbia would all be great.

I would be interested.

It would be great to get all the facts at one time. I've invested enough with ls1edit, efi and the cars, this would just make tuning so much better not having to just use the well known area's, and actually TUNE the engine.

johnsZ06
March 1st, 2005, 02:43 AM
I wonder if this is would be a course on how to use the software or how to change parameters to effectively tune a car? The software is very intuitive and I haven't had any problems understanding how to use it. My problem is understanding how all the parameters tie into one another and how they affect the outcome of a tune. I don't suppose I'm the only one in this boat?

mnotx
March 1st, 2005, 05:02 AM
I agree. The software is so intuitve it is a "no-brainer." I was hoping for something that explained how these parameters effect the tune. Sort of a laymans course in tuning.

Blacky
March 1st, 2005, 09:17 AM
I wonder if this is would be a course on how to use the software or how to change parameters to effectively tune a car? The software is very intuitive and I haven't had any problems understanding how to use it. My problem is understanding how all the parameters tie into one another and how they affect the outcome of a tune. I don't suppose I'm the only one in this boat?

The course would be both how to tune and how to use EFILive.

Regards
Paul

johnsZ06
March 1st, 2005, 10:36 AM

The course would be both how to tune and how to use EFILive.

Regards
Paul

In that case, I would be interested as long as the course wasn't too far away.

joecar
March 1st, 2005, 02:33 PM
Would the course manual be available for purchase separately
(for those of us who won't be able to attend the courses for some reason or other)...?

mnotx
March 1st, 2005, 02:51 PM
I'm in, too...if it is close enough for me to get there.

Blacky
March 1st, 2005, 06:32 PM
Part of the reason we are gathering "location" details from people interested in a course is so that we can plan the best locations to suit demand.
The other reason is to see if there is enough interest to warrant the expense of developing and running a course at all.
So far there has been more interest than I expected.

Regards
Paul

PowerKraus
March 2nd, 2005, 02:02 PM
You can add two more from Texas on this. And I'll travel most anywhere for this one. Don't skimp on it, everyone will get the most bang for their buck the more in-depth and thorough the class, combined with appropriate reference materials!

Just my opinion here!

Robert

dbaxter_ss
March 3rd, 2005, 11:58 AM
Courses via LIVE MEETING :D

Still can charge and no-one has to travel ;)

Dans91
March 9th, 2005, 09:37 AM
I was also thinking. I will have to pay 400 bux (maybe) for a 1 OR 2 DAY COURSE?

I think it will help a whole lot more if you can just make some video tapes up and sell them for 40-50 bux.

For myself it is really hard to get ALOT out of a 1 or 2 day course. You think about it and you are paying about 20 bux an hour for two days (at minimum). I think it would be alot better if you put the classes via (your own team) on tape and go into some detail yah know.

I want to attend, but i thought i was going to be paying 250.00-400.00 bones for at least a whole week of training. I am in the military and dont make all that much money, but when i do come accross some money i spend it well. I dont know if myself (having a wife and 15 month old daughter) could come accross something like this :( As much as i want to.

Oh well! I guess i will do what i have to do huh :D

Dan

dbaxter_ss
March 9th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I can understand with yah, but a live class give you the ability to interact and ask questions.

Personally on tape I will get bored and not pay attention, but if I fork out $400 I will be staying awake and wanting to get everything I can out of the class.

Considering the engineering classes I take are $1500+ an thats my job, $400 for something I like isn't that bad.

joecar
March 9th, 2005, 01:47 PM
That's fine, but some of us have very busy schedules and in lieu of attending a class require a book/manual to read/study (...before going to sleep each night...).