PDA

View Full Version : Dsp5 vane position lmm

Cjsobas
May 31st, 2014, 02:18 PM
So I have been tuning for about 6 months now and I got the single tune down. I just recently got a dsp5 switch and it's almost a whole new learning game. I used a completely stock tune for the base tune. I don't have to many ideas for tunes because I'm taking my time before I blow something up. First question. Is I been trying to make a tune that sounds like an lb7 through and through from idle to high rpms. I took the vane position down till it doesn't hiss across the board. Anything higher than 55%down to 55 anything less I left alone. Did all altitudes in the dsp5 tune and changed the base tune translate table. Now it will stay there for the first couple seconds then jump to 67% - 80% I tried changing desired boost levels but it still does it. Any help on getting the vp to stay where I want it would be helpful. Second question is on my hot tune I made boost will got to around 37psi. Is that safe?

asmithIII
July 22nd, 2014, 10:03 AM
I can think of a few ways to limit vane position.

First is table of maximum vane position. Set at 55%

Second uses boost enable/disable tables. Would have to disable ecm from calculating boost and then change many many tables.

I'm curious as to why. Are you looking for economy or power or sound?

joshgabel
August 9th, 2014, 10:59 AM
sub'd

Cjsobas
August 10th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Yeah thats ome way. Idk i been trying to figure it out on a dsp5 tune