PDA

View Full Version : Cam Tune help please.

sparkinak
June 6th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I am trying to help out a friend but in the end help me out by teaching me something new. I have been reading and trying to take this all in for the last two weeks. All I want to do is make this truck run right and not hurt the motor. Its a stock 5.3 with a ls6 Hotcam I:219 E:228 .525 .525, I have played with timing upto 30* as 18 is stock. Desired air I have upped as much as 30%, LTFT hang around -8ish and you can smell it here and there in the cats. I understand read read read but it aint clickin clickin clickin :bash: If there is something I'm missing it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!

Lost calc.ben.pid.wtf.figrag.

mpdtune
June 7th, 2014, 04:31 AM
Do you have a wideband O2 sensor? LTFT should be 0 to -2 % at cruise, -8 means it's running stupid rich and needs less fuel.

sparkinak
June 7th, 2014, 12:11 PM
I do not have a wideband, I honestly just figured it was easier than that. I am not looking for the best the truck can do just want it to not misfire, stall at the stop light or pulling out of driveway, and not do any damage to the truck itself. I just assumed if the truck says afr is at 14.74 then just watching what the 02 sensors are saying then adjust from there. However I am seeing that is not the case here. I know he won't want to spend the money, and I'm a nice guy but I'm not gonna dump couple hundred for someone else. Didn't think it would this difficult. You would think by now that someone would have made a app or program for efilive that you enter in a couple parameters and it spits out the things you need to change to get you started then you can tweak it for fine tuning each persons specific vehicle

mpdtune
June 7th, 2014, 02:00 PM
That is possible with a wideband. Data from factory O2s is not acurate enough.

statesman
June 7th, 2014, 11:50 PM
I don't understand why you're adjusting spark and desired air. If it's running rich at idle, you should be adjusting the idle area of your VE table.