PDA

View Full Version : Update: Jun 10, 2014

Blacky
June 9th, 2014, 04:30 PM
The June 2014 public pre-release software is now available.

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download V7.5 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.257_Setup.exe) (92 MB)
Download V8 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.250_Setup.exe) (45 MB)

Release Notes:
Release Notes. (http://download.efilive.com/Documentation/June 2014 EFILive Release Notes.pdf)

Known Issues:
Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

[*=1]A40 tune files, when loaded into the V8 software will sometimes show that the OS check sum is incorrect. The display should show "N/A" for the OS check sum in that situation (fixed in next update).
[*=1] E20 tune files cannot be loaded into the V7 or V8 software (fixed in next update).

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 257
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 250
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.60 (Jun 09, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

IJ.
June 9th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Thanks Paul!

Highlander
June 9th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Awesome.......

Alexander
June 9th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks for new capabilities!!!

Gray
June 9th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Thanks very much

Mitco39
June 10th, 2014, 02:10 AM
Is what I see in the LML Calibration too good to be true?

vortecfcar
June 10th, 2014, 02:48 AM
Hey Paul,

I'm checking out the A40 full flash stuff. I get an invalid checksum on this stock .ctz (and others) when I open it in V8. I'm okay with correcting it if needed, just seemed odd that I'd have to. What do you think?

Thanks,
Nick

DURAtotheMAX
June 10th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Ross/Paul is there any chance we could get tables D5231, D5232, D5233 added to the 5-speed Allison TCM OS 15175854? Its my favorite TCM OS for shift quality, although in looking through the latest EFILive release, its literally the only TCM OS that doesnt have the additional TCC tables mapped out...go figure! haha

thanks
Ben

Alexander
June 10th, 2014, 03:09 AM
After the upgrade is not possible to open a previously created file e20

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 10th, 2014, 03:16 AM
No problem opening up many A40 files on my Beta PC/WIN7 and running this release.

I'll play around with it today.

vortecfcar
June 10th, 2014, 03:42 AM
No problem opening up many A40 files on my Beta PC/WIN7 and running this release.

I'll play around with it today.

Did you open the file I attached? Did it work?

poopsbrown
June 10th, 2014, 04:06 AM
Did you open the file I attached? Did it work?

Mine has no checksum in the column and no error loading that file

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 10th, 2014, 06:23 AM
That shows as invalid on my BETA WIN7/PC as well, but my other stock A40's all seem fine, this is on WIN7/this pre-release.

On my production PC with XP-SP3/Nov 7,2013 build it opens fine, no errors.

I will load on my other Beta PC and see, that is running WIN7 but a different release as well

Blacky
June 10th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Hey Paul,

I'm checking out the A40 full flash stuff. I get an invalid checksum on this stock .ctz (and others) when I open it in V8. I'm okay with correcting it if needed, just seemed odd that I'd have to. What do you think?

Thanks,
Nick

Ni Nick,

Don't start correcting anything just yet, I'm trying to figure out if the checksum is being computed correctly or not.
Regards
Paul

cindy@efilive
June 10th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Ross/Paul is there any chance we could get tables D5231, D5232, D5233 added to the 5-speed Allison TCM OS 15175854? Its my favorite TCM OS for shift quality, although in looking through the latest EFILive release, its literally the only TCM OS that doesnt have the additional TCC tables mapped out...go figure! haha

thanks
Ben

Ben did you get my email last week?

As per the email Ross has added in D5073-D5074-D5075 for all OS's, they'll be in the public release, scheduled for tomorrow or the following day.
There is no equivilent for D5231, D5232 or D5233 in the early OS's.

Cheers
Cindy

SGFastMax
June 10th, 2014, 09:10 AM
I also have the checksum error nicks getting...

chrisuns
June 10th, 2014, 10:56 AM

???

GMPX
June 10th, 2014, 10:59 AM
After the upgrade is not possible to open a previously created file e20
Mmm, sorry about that, not sure what has happened there, that bug must have surfaced at the last minute because I just played around with my own E20 car not long ago.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
June 10th, 2014, 12:03 PM
USA customers have a different set of available calibrations to the rest of the world so you will see some differences if you are outside of the USA.

I get an invalid checksum on this stock .ctz (and others) when I open it in V8. I'm okay with correcting it if needed, just seemed odd that I'd have to. What do you think?
We will need to put in a better system for displaying A40 files (I got caught out), essentially the issue is your file there is probably missing the full OS (because we don't do a full OS read yet).
The software will not allow a full flash of an incomplete OS file, that restriction is in place.

THEFERMANATOR
June 10th, 2014, 02:28 PM
USA customers have a different set of available calibrations to the rest of the world so you will see some differences if you are outside of the USA.

So then you are changing your stance on not restricting USA based customers? So then this quote on your legal page is now incorrect? Or does it mean that since the LML deletes were never available, they never will be?
At this time EFILive will not be removing any tuning features that are currently available to our customers.

GMPX
June 10th, 2014, 02:58 PM
So then you are changing your stance on not restricting USA based customers? So then this quote on your legal page is now incorrect? Or does it mean that since the LML deletes were never available, they never will be?
Correct, LML calibrations have had restrictions to USA customers from day one therefore we are not removing anything you might have had in the past. What US customers have access to has not changed at all and never will unless your federal laws change. If anyone wants to complain about that it will be falling on deaf ears telling us, we didn't make the rules, we didn't shut companies down who weren't complying in the past, it is what it is, please don't shoot the messenger. Sorry if I've gone on the defensive right away but you would appreciate after the 100th Email for the month about how unfair it is it wears thin.

xploitdiesel
June 10th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Downloaded and will report back! Thanks again!

Blacky
June 10th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Known issues 1 and 2 have been added to the first post in this thread.
Regards
Paul

chrisuns
June 10th, 2014, 04:55 PM
However, USA customers can edit the DEF speed limit now, correct?

GMPX
June 10th, 2014, 05:42 PM
No, anything related to emissions tampering is off limits for USA customers including the empty DEF speed limiters.

chrisuns
June 10th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Oh okay, I didn't think about my out of country stuff. Sorry for a repeated question.

quik95lt1
June 11th, 2014, 01:08 AM
awesome been waiting for a new release!! I have been trying to get into my 2014 sierra LY6..got a customer with one that wants his dead pedal feel gone, along with myself lol.....I just tried opening the file and still no support :( ......heres the .ctz from the ECM I don't know if support for this is on the horizon or not, I was really looking forward to it

Alexander
June 11th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Mmm, sorry about that, not sure what has happened there, that bug must have surfaced at the last minute because I just played around with my own E20 car not long ago.

Cheers,
Ross
I reinstalled the update and tried again to open the saved file - failure - error again. at the same time I tried to read I located Opel Antara - again error and no way to save the file.
Then I tried to install the previous version and I can open a previously created file, read the truth Opel Antara I can not at the moment of the car is not.

cindy@efilive
June 11th, 2014, 09:05 AM
awesome been waiting for a new release!! I have been trying to get into my 2014 sierra LY6..got a customer with one that wants his dead pedal feel gone, along with myself lol.....I just tried opening the file and still no support :( ......heres the .ctz from the ECM I don't know if support for this is on the horizon or not, I was really looking forward to it

The line was drawn in the sand to get the release finalised. Unfortunately not all OS's were mapped. Remaining OS support and additional tables will start to filter into production software around August, so 6-8 weeks.

Cheers
Cindy

cindy@efilive
June 11th, 2014, 09:07 AM
I reinstalled the update and tried again to open the saved file - failure - error again. at the same time I tried to read I located Opel Antara - again error and no way to save the file.
Then I tried to install the previous version and I can open a previously created file, read the truth Opel Antara I can not at the moment of the car is not.

Known errors in the first post indicates the E20 will be fixed in the next update.

Cheers
Cindy

Blacky
June 12th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Update posted:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24253-Update-Jun-13-2014

Regards
Paul