PDA

View Full Version : lbz turbo brake revisited.....

0rion
June 10th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Last year I flashed a turbo brake tune to the truck. Have been pretty satisfied with it but was wanting it to be a little more aggressive. Right now I have the desired vane tables at 90 and the max at 100 from 1800rpm and up in the 0-5mm3 rows. What I read conflicting info on back then was if the boost tables are referenced. I didn't change those tables because it seemed like the verdict was that they're not referenced unless you changed b2231 and b2232.
There seems to be only a few times here and there I can really tell that it's braking and it's not so much braking as it is maintaining speed or slowing the rate that the truck gains speed down the hill. If I increase the desired tables to 95 would that be a noticeable difference? When I haul I'm hauling a 10k fifth wheel through PA and VA so lots of hills usually and it's nice not having to ride the brake or having it down gearing all the time. I would be happy leaving it like it is now but if I could get more out of the braking effect I would like to try it. Just not sure 5% is going to make much of a difference or if that's going too high on the desired tables. Or maybe ramp that up to 95% or higher from 2100 on??

KB3MMX
June 22nd, 2014, 01:15 PM
You need to set desired and max vane tables in those areas to 100% and set desired boost to 35psi in those areas as well. Max TurboBrake effect will be achieved.