PDA

View Full Version : Speeding up GM.ASPARK

EagleMark
June 11th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Is there a way to speed up GM.ASPARK? I'm still not at High Octane Spark Curve after 2 tanks of High Octane, both tanks were run very low so I'm sure it's 99% High Octane.

I don't like to force the High Octane Spark table to low octane as I may loose knock prevention although I do this is tuning while I can watch, I don't like to give a vehicle back and then maybe get a bad tank of fuel or?

limited cv8r
June 11th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Not sure what vehicle or OS you are using,but a couple of screenshots of 02 corvette tables where there some adjustments for Octane Scaler.
Basically everything from B6213 to B6225 affect/adjust the Octane Scaler.
Hope this helps.

ddnspider
June 17th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Ive played with GM.ASPARK and always found that ~1/2 throttle or more would make it move faster towards either 0 or 100 depending on if knock was detected. Regular driving moved it very little.

EagleMark
June 17th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Sounds like you've found when the knock test or Octane test is run! This is what I was looking for if there was no way to clear what was there and start over.

limited cv8r
June 17th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Ive played with GM.ASPARK and always found that ~1/2 throttle or more would make it move faster towards either 0 or 100 depending on if knock was detected. Regular driving moved it very little.

The only reason that more than half throttle is needed is because of B6213 Adaptive Spark min Map.