PDA

View Full Version : Update: Jun 16, 2014

Blacky
June 15th, 2014, 12:23 PM
The June 2014 public pre-release software is now available.

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download V7.5 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.259_Setup.exe) (92 MB)
Download V8 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.252a_Setup.exe) (45 MB) Updated (June 18, 2014) - please re-download and re-install the V8 software.

Release Notes:
Release Notes. (http://download.efilive.com/Documentation/June%202014%20EFILive%20Release%20Notes.pdf)

The FlashScan/AutoCal V2 firmware has been updated, the version number has been increased to V2.07.61, and the firmware date has been updated to June 16, 2014. You must update the firmware in your FlashScan and AutoCal device to V2.07.61 to maintain compatibility with the V7.5 software.

IMPORTANT: The *.ctz and *.coz tune file formats have been updated. All existing *.ctz and *.coz files will continue to operate with the V7.5 and V8 software and with the FlashScan and AutoCal firmware. All new *.ctz and *.coz tune files that are saved using the following software or firmware versions: V7.5.7.259, V8.2.2.252, V2.07.61 (or later versions) will no longer be compatible with older software or firmware versions.
That means if you are using this latest software version, then any tune files that you save may only be shared with other EFILive users who are using this latest (or a later) version of the software and/or firmware. For tuners that means making sure your customers' software matches the software and firmware version that you are using.

Fixed Issues:

[*=1]Deleting calculated PIDs no longer causes an application crash when loading log files that reference those deleted PIDs.
[*=1]E69 tune files no longer report errors when being opened in the V8 software.
[*=1]Some LML table descriptions have been corrected.
[*=1]In the V8 Scan Tool, changes to the order of all PIDs and deletions of calculated PIDs in log files are now saved back into the log file when the log file is saved.
[*=1]The error message "Tune file is not compatible with current software version." has been fixed.

Known Issues:
Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 259
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 252
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.61 (Jun 16, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

APS Luis
June 15th, 2014, 05:51 PM
A couple of stupid questions Paul :)

I have 6-7 yrs worth of .tun files which I tend to use on a regular basis with V7.5 ( as we still cannot edit in V8 )
Is there some sort of "batch file" converter on the horizon to say change these all to .ctz files ?
I also noticed since the last couple of updates I can no longer save as .tun

Blacky
June 15th, 2014, 06:28 PM
A couple of stupid questions Paul :)

I have 6-7 yrs worth of .tun files which I tend to use on a regular basis with V7.5 ( as we still cannot edit in V8 )
Is there some sort of "batch file" converter on the horizon to say change these all to .ctz files ?
I also noticed since the last couple of updates I can no longer save as .tun

I'm not sure why you would want/need to change them all to *.ctz files immediately? You will still be able to open, display and edit *.tun files. Only when you got to save them they will save as *.ctz files instead of *.tun files.
Is there any particular reason why you want/need to change over all your files right now?

Regards
Paul

Alexander
June 16th, 2014, 03:57 AM
Hi, I installed all the latest updates. read the program from cars (control unit is licensed and configured by me earlier), save, but I can not write back. It does not matter I modify it or write down what subtracted. Updated first, then read and can not write (((I do something wrong?

Blacky
June 16th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Hi, I installed all the latest updates. read the program from cars (control unit is licensed and configured by me earlier), save, but I can not write back. It does not matter I modify it or write down what subtracted. Updated first, then read and can not write (((I do something wrong?

No you haven't done something wrong, we have. Working on a fix asap.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 16th, 2014, 08:50 AM
No you haven't done something wrong, we have. Working on a fix asap.

Regards
Paul

I had thought maybe we'd messed up the version checking, but I just tried doing exactly what you said you did, reading a file, editing it using V7, saving it again, then flashing it with V8 and there was no error message on our test system here.
Can you please check that you are running the latest V7.5 software. Use the help->about option to verify that the version is V7.5.7 build 259.

Regards
Paul

Boost
June 16th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Loving the new support, have been patiently waiting for A50 editing. 17002

GMPX
June 16th, 2014, 12:07 PM
A couple of A50 OS's are mapped and will be going in to a closed beta soon.

THEFERMANATOR
June 16th, 2014, 02:01 PM
A couple of A50 OS's are mapped and will be going in to a closed beta soon.

Any word on the 01 TCM files that don't have the new lockup tables in them? With my swap I am pretty well limited to the 01 OS, and really need those lockup tables.

GMPX
June 16th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure what I can do to change my response from here, (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24253-Update-Jun-13-2014/page2) from what I saw D70, M14 & M17 do not have these tables/parameters in them at all. N02, N25 & U24 are missing D5232 but have the other two (D5231 and D5233). All other OS's have the full set

(https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24253-Update-Jun-13-2014/page2)

Alexander
June 16th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I had thought maybe we'd messed up the version checking, but I just tried doing exactly what you said you did, reading a file, editing it using V7, saving it again, then flashing it with V8 and there was no error message on our test system here.
Can you please check that you are running the latest V7.5 software. Use the help->about option to verify that the version is V7.5.7 build 259.

Regards
Paul
I'll check it all right now, I'll try. But the fact that tried to read and edit, and then tried to just read and write without editing. And in the first and in the second case there was an error, I tried many times yesterday. But I'll check again.

Alexander
June 16th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Now I did what he did yesterday - read a program from the car, and tried to burn retained, resulting in an error. When checking the license for the control unit appears the same error.

Alexander
June 16th, 2014, 05:36 PM
I thought may be a problem in the car and tried to read and write program on another car, resulting in an error (

Blacky
June 16th, 2014, 10:04 PM
I thought may be a problem in the car and tried to read and write program on another car, resulting in an error (

Can you please email me one of the *.ctz tune files that gives the error? Email to paul@efilive.com
Regards
Paul

Alexander
June 16th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Can you please email me one of the *.ctz tune files that gives the error? Email to paul@efilive.com
Regards
Paul
yes, of course, after 10 minutes, I'll send

mpdtune
June 17th, 2014, 04:06 AM

Just had the same thing happen on an 08 LMM. Trying to read the file out and flash again to see if that works.

Update:
I am able to flash the file with V7.5.

THEFERMANATOR
June 17th, 2014, 06:13 AM
I'm not sure what I can do to change my response from here, (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24253-Update-Jun-13-2014/page2) from what I saw D70, M14 & M17 do not have these tables/parameters in them at all. N02, N25 & U24 are missing D5232 but have the other two (D5231 and D5233). All other OS's have the full set

(https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24253-Update-Jun-13-2014/page2)

I guess that brings up the question of how come they have the same lockup issues as all the rest? They must use a different limiting table than other years do. Guess I'm up that creek without a paddle as I can ONLY use the 01 OS with my swap and have it shift and function correctly.

Blacky
June 17th, 2014, 09:20 AM
We have confirmed that the error message "Tune file is not compatible with current software version." may be displayed when attempting to flash tune files using the V8 software. There is no workaround. This error will be fixed an a new update posted as soon as possible.

The error was caused by an incorrect build process that built a faulty installation file.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 17th, 2014, 09:38 AM
We have confirmed that the error message "Tune file is not compatible with current software version." may be displayed when attempting to flash tune files using the V8 software. There is no workaround. This error will be fixed an a new update posted as soon as possible.

The error was caused by an incorrect build process that built a faulty installation file.

Regards
Paul

The V8 download has been updated to fix this problem. Please download it again from the first post in this thread and re-install.

Regards
Paul

DuraBurb
June 17th, 2014, 11:29 PM
hey Paul Eric here with DuraBurb (the Duramax Suburban People)

just uninstalled and reinstalled V8 (updated) but when opening tunes (.CTZ) from Duramaxtuner we still get a error for "tune file not compatible"

is there something tuners need to do before sending out tunes?

Boot Block is still showing 2.07.07 Feb 16 2014

Firmware is showing 2.07.61 Jun 16, 2014

UPDATE:
Full reboot of PC and V2 and we are back up and running Anyone with this issue just do a full reboot with the Updated V8 that gets everything working again.

Eric Swanson
DuraBurb Service Dept

Blacky
June 18th, 2014, 07:49 AM
UPDATE:
Full reboot of PC and V2 and we are back up and running Anyone with this issue just do a full reboot with the Updated V8 that gets everything working again.

Eric Swanson
DuraBurb Service Dept

Thanks for the feedbak Eric.

It is possible that the EFILive_VM.dll was still loaded in the system when the updated software was installed. In that case, Windows will choose not to overwrite the dll during the install but wait until the next reboot before it installs the new dll. I will do some testing with the installer and try to figure out if that is what might have happened and if it did, add some checks to detect it and warn the user that a reboot is required.

Regards
Paul

DavisMotorsports
June 18th, 2014, 11:33 AM
The V8 download has been updated to fix this problem. Please download it again from the first post in this thread and re-install.

Regards
Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the new update release. That fixed the issues we were having flashing a LBZ truck this morning.

Boost
June 18th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Guys I am getting a $0525 tune file not compatible with version. At the worst possible time since I am desperately trying to fix an LMM tonight and can't flash. As a matter of fact I have been having issues with LMM boost ever since a recent update but I am not jumping to the conclusion it's related.

Yes I have the latest of everything. Won't let me flash. Really sucks.

cindy@efilive
June 18th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Guys I am getting a $0525 tune file not compatible with version. At the worst possible time since I am desperately trying to fix an LMM tonight and can't flash. As a matter of fact I have been having issues with LMM boost ever since a recent update but I am not jumping to the conclusion it's related.

Yes I have the latest of everything. Won't let me flash. Really sucks.

Roland, The original release was updated yesterday for this issue - see this post

Regards
Paul

If you updated to June 16 before yesterday, you'll need to install it again.

You should also be aware of this warning from the original post if infact your tune was created with the June pre-release but you have a customer flashing with an older version.

IMPORTANT: The *.ctz and *.coz tune file formats have been updated. All existing *.ctz and *.coz files will continue to operate with the V7.5 and V8 software and with the FlashScan and AutoCal firmware. All new *.ctz and *.coz tune files that are saved using the following software or firmware versions: V7.5.7.259, V8.2.2.252, V2.07.61 (or later versions) will no longer be compatible with older software or firmware versions.
That means if you are using this latest software version, then any tune files that you save may only be shared with other EFILive users who are using this latest (or a later) version of the software and/or firmware. For tuners that means making sure your customers' software matches the software and firmware version that you are using.

Cheers
Cindy

Boost
June 18th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply Cindy. This is occurring with the latest available update I downloaded today just hours ago.

Blacky
June 18th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply Cindy. This is occurring with the latest available update I downloaded today just hours ago.

Did you reboot your PC after installing the latest update?

If so, can you please check the dates of these two files:

\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_VM.dll

The date and time stamp on them should be:
June 18, 2014 at 10:21 am.

Regards
Paul

joecar
June 19th, 2014, 04:38 AM
V7 tunetool won't let me save file as .tun (.ctz is the only save as option).

tradin1
June 19th, 2014, 04:41 AM
I guess that brings up the question of how come they have the same lockup issues as all the rest? They must use a different limiting table than other years do. Guess I'm up that creek without a paddle as I can ONLY use the 01 OS with my swap and have it shift and function correctly.

is the OS the same as CIN or are they different?

tradin1
June 19th, 2014, 04:43 AM
and what is the benefit of a full flash over a cal flash for the A40 controller?

Mitco39
June 19th, 2014, 06:22 AM

I believe they dropped the .tun files.

Blacky
June 19th, 2014, 08:07 AM

*.tun file support has been removed from the software. The *.tun file format was not capable of handling all the duties required by the V8 tune tool software. Only *.ctz and *.coz files are supported by the V7 and V8 software now.

Regards
Paul

Boost
June 19th, 2014, 11:00 AM
and what is the benefit of a full flash over a cal flash for the A40 controller?

6 speed conversion?

Boost
June 19th, 2014, 11:03 AM

Regards
Paul

This may be (very likely actually) the key as it says the 15th even though I updated everything. Let me try again, thanks crew!

GMPX
June 19th, 2014, 01:04 PM
From what I understand some folks want to use OS's from different platforms that had different feature sets. Unfortunately the A40 is a PITA with it's snails pace read speed making a full read take over one hour! We have not implemented full reads yet, we need to add in to the V8 software a user option to read only the cals area (like we do now), or if they have time to kill they can select a full read.

Boost
June 19th, 2014, 01:56 PM

Regards
Paul

On to something but we're not good yet. No matter how many times I download and install from the link the date of those files shows older than the 18th. I tried rebooting and all. What the?

EDIT: now it says the 19th. What gives?

tradin1
June 20th, 2014, 06:12 AM
6 speed conversion?

that makes sense. question, i have an A40 in an '08 kodiak that allison tells me is a 5spd cin; but my edge clearly shows it going into 6th and locking up. i can see the rpms drop by at least 200, is that normal? i have not changed anything and it was stock when purchased.

THEFERMANATOR
June 20th, 2014, 06:46 AM
that makes sense. question, i have an A40 in an '08 kodiak that allison tells me is a 5spd cin; but my edge clearly shows it going into 6th and locking up. i can see the rpms drop by at least 200, is that normal? i have not changed anything and it was stock when purchased.

By 08 they had the factory ALLISON flash to enable 6th gear I believe.

cindy@efilive
June 20th, 2014, 08:05 AM
"*.tun file support has been removed from the software. The *.tun file format was not capable of handling all the duties required by the V8 tune tool software. Only *.ctz and *.coz files are supported by the V7 and V8 software now."

As l have ver 1.2 does this mean that people like me...private user....can no longer get assistants from / or support from other users and tuners if they are using version 8 of the software.... because when they save the file it is no longer compatible with my version of 7.5.....it that correct....clarity please... and if so don't you think saving the "old" tun files as .tun would be reasonable seems mircosoft ie: redundant. l understand the ver 2 and the new file format for the new cars, that is reasonable, so if you do this for a business l guess you wont care....but when it is just your own car.....come on.

FlashScan V1 can flash .ctz files. The functionality of your device has not changed, however we have retired an outdated file format. V7 is still the programmed used to edit tune files.

If you are having issues with the prerelease software, please describe your issue in detail and list your software version number. Note: .ctz files created in this pre-release are incompatible to be opened in older versions of the V7 software.

Cheers
Cindy

wesam
June 20th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Thanks a lot for the E78 E92 updated tables

I have just one small problem after closing tune tool i have this error msg
I dont know if this problem related just to my computer which working on WIN 7

Blacky
June 20th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks a lot for the E78 E92 updated tables

I have just one small problem after closing tune tool i have this error msg
I dont know if this problem related just to my computer which working on WIN 7

Can you reliably reproduce that error message using a specific set of steps? If so can you please log the problem (and the steps required to reproduce it) on our help desk here: https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400

Thanks
Paul

Blacky
June 20th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Update posted:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24295-Update-Jun-21-2014

Regards
Paul