PDA

View Full Version : COS5 with FBW and 4L80e

ttls1
June 16th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a COS5 tune with DBW throttle body and 4L80e I could use as a platform for my conversion? I currently have a boosted LQ4 running with a 512kb LS1 PCM with cable TB. I want to upgrade to DBW and have the 1Mb PCM, harness, pedal and harness that came with the engine from a 2003 Silverado. Ideally I would like to keep the 512kb PCM if possible with DBW?

Many thanks

joecar
June 17th, 2014, 07:00 AM
You need a 12212156 file with DBW... if you can't find one with 4L80E you can do a segment swap (transmission and transmission diagnostics)... do this first, then then upgrade it to COS5.

ttls1
June 17th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the info joe. I will give it a crack

ttls1
June 17th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Ok so I found this tune that is supposed to be DBW?? There is no mention of "electronic throttle" but it does have traction control. Do you think it may work for me?

joecar
June 18th, 2014, 03:49 AM
It's from a 2002 truck, seems like DBC.

ttls1
June 18th, 2014, 10:02 PM
I have done a bit of research and apparently the LM7 did have DBW as early as 2001 in some cases so it may be legit. If I look under system> vehicle platform> vehicle platform options it does say it has electronic throttle. I also found a 2002 corvette tune and copied the 4L80e segments over to it. They were definitely DBW so do you think this tune will be a better option? I think I will upgrade it to 02020005 and give it a try. There's a chance that the 2003 TAC module I have from the Silverado will not talk to the 512Kb PCM anyway. I do have the 1Mb PCM I can always rewire and install if I have to. It would just be nice to try and keep my current PCM.

joeygc5
June 18th, 2014, 11:57 PM
Pm me your email address and ill send you a 2005 2500hd 12212156 tun file and then the cos version if you'd like. I had a front mount 70mm on it running 12#'s limit for towing.

joecar
June 19th, 2014, 04:29 AM
I have done a bit of research and apparently the LM7 did have DBW as early as 2001 in some cases so it may be legit. If I look under system> vehicle platform> vehicle platform options it does say it has electronic throttle.
...You are correct it is DBW, I stand corrected, thanks.

ttls1
June 19th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the help so far. Now I have a really stupid question. I found a 02020005 COS5 tune that was DBW but had a manual gearbox segment. My current OS is the same but 4L80e so I have done segment swaps for everything except "system" . Now the new tune platform still says DBW but everything else is the same as my current DBC tune. Do you think there is any chance this will work and talk with my TAC unit and recognize the electronic throttle or am I dreaming? I don't even know if you can successfully do a manual to auto segment swap? The other thing that has me a little confused is these DBW tunes I am looking through are basically the same as the DBC, there is nothing I can recognize that sets them apart except from the parameter in the vehicle platform options.. I'm hoping once I patch in the TAC module to the PCM via the UART serial link everything will be sweet and the TPS etc will read from the electronic throttle module. Time will tell I guess.

DURAtotheMAX
June 20th, 2014, 01:01 AM
As far as I know, the TAC modules are specific to each PCM. IE, a pre-2003 512kb PCM will not work with a 2003+ TAC module that is meant to work with a 1mb PCM. The throttle bodies are different pre-2003 and 2003+ as well.

ttls1
June 20th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Yeah I figure it will be a long shot but I have the 1mb PCM if the 512k one does not work. I found a thread that someone stated using a 02 corvette tune had worked with a 05 truck TAC and 512kb PCM

ttls1
July 3rd, 2014, 02:08 PM
Ok just a bit of a follow up on this one. I have set up my 2003 silverado pedal, TAC and connected it to a 90mm LS2 throttle body (silver blade) with a x-link converter. It is not installed in the car, I have just patched in the serial link from the TAC unit to my 512kb PCM which is in the car. I loaded a 2002 corvette auto tune and the throttle is kind of working on the bench. If I move the pedal it works up until 82% and then throws up a P1518 code that indicates an issue with the serial link. A question I have is should the TAC module show up in efilive if I do a search for modules? Currently only the PCM indicates but the throttle position does indicate on efilive. Cheers

ttls1
July 8th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the info everyone, I couldn't get the TB to open past 82% without throwing codes so I decided to install the 1mb PCM and its all good now. I have not started the engine yet and was wondering if someone could have a look over my tune and see if there is anything obviously incorrect with the ETC settings. As there is no COS5 avaliable for the 1mb PCM I had to cut and paste my tune accross to COS3 but there were quite a few differences in the operating systems so I had to do a bit of guessing. This is the first DBC to DBW upgrade I have done so I am not sure how all the traction control parameters will play out either. The setup is a twin turbo cammed LQ4 running 2 bar SD and 4l80e in a landcruiser

Cheers