PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle wont connect while trying to scan and datalog

rmdiesel91
June 22nd, 2014, 10:21 AM
Im sure im just doing something wrong, but when i try to scan and datalog, i can not connect to the vehicle. It recognizes the vehicle ecm but will not connect when trying to scan. Any ideas of whats going on or what im doing wrong?

Thanks,

Rich

Chevy366
June 22nd, 2014, 10:54 AM
If you have the tuning software open at the same time close it.

rmdiesel91
June 22nd, 2014, 11:15 AM
The tuning software is not open.

rmdiesel91
June 22nd, 2014, 12:27 PM
I also just bbx data logged with my v2 so that is connecting fine.

statesman
June 22nd, 2014, 03:07 PM
Did you select controller in the scantool?

Mean Green Z28
June 22nd, 2014, 03:19 PM
Try disabling the comm port, restart computer, then re-enable the comm port, and start up the software.

joecar
June 23rd, 2014, 08:40 AM
Im sure im just doing something wrong, but when i try to scan and datalog, i can not connect to the vehicle. It recognizes the vehicle ecm but will not connect when trying to scan. Any ideas of whats going on or what im doing wrong?

Thanks,

RichDid you select the matching ECM (sanity checking)...?

joecar
June 23rd, 2014, 08:40 AM
Post a screenshot showing the PIDs tab in the scantool.

rmdiesel91
June 23rd, 2014, 12:13 PM
Yes its the right ecm. I've tried it with 2 different vehicles and still the same thing. I will head out to my shop tonight and try to connect to my truck again and screenshot it.

rmdiesel91
June 23rd, 2014, 12:29 PM
17063 Here is a picture of my screen. I have the v2 connected to the vehicle.

rmdiesel91
June 23rd, 2014, 12:34 PM
Here is another pic showing that it detects the ecm and tcm.

rmdiesel91
June 23rd, 2014, 01:19 PM
I also just noticed while bbx logging, my v2 is stuck in metric and will not change to imperial. I tried to toggle by pressing enter and in the device settings. Sorry for the bombardment of questions, I haven't used my v2 lately and I am having all kinds of issues.

joecar
June 24th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Try logging using the V7 scantool.

joecar
June 24th, 2014, 08:37 AM
I also just noticed while bbx logging, my v2 is stuck in metric and will not change to imperial. I tried to toggle by pressing enter and in the device settings. Sorry for the bombardment of questions, I haven't used my v2 lately and I am having all kinds of issues.Did you define custom pids (to be Imperial) for BBX logging...?

rmdiesel91
June 24th, 2014, 08:50 AM
I tried in v7 and it says my device doesn't support this version. Of efi live. It then says to use v8 and update software which all software is up to date. I'll have to check the bbx pids and see.

Blacky
June 24th, 2014, 03:41 PM
I tried in v7 and it says my device doesn't support this version. Of efi live. It then says to use v8 and update software which all software is up to date. I'll have to check the bbx pids and see.

Each V7 software version requires a specific FlashScan firmware version. If they don't match (i.e. one or the other is newer than the other), the message is to update your FlashScan firmware using the V8 software. The problem could alos be that the V7 software is not up to date.

I recommend updating both V8 and V7 software packages, and using the V8 package to update the firmware on your FlashScan device using the [Check Firmware] button on the V8 main screen.
Use these versions here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24295-Update-Jun-21-2014

For each of the selected BBX PIDs, you can right-click on them and select the "custom" units that you want displayed when you press [Enter] on FlashScan's keypad.

Regards
Paul

rmdiesel91
June 28th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the help so far guys. I found that the software was way out of date so I updated everything including the firmware. I will try again on the vehicle and see what happens! This is what I love about EFI Live. You guys offer great support for your outstanding product! Thanks again guys!