PDA

View Full Version : 6.7 flash issue

catman3126
June 25th, 2014, 02:53 AM
Yesterday I went to flash an 09 6.7 So to start with I downloaded the stock tune with no problems, tune said "OK TO FLASH" but since I have never been able to get the see dealer timer part of the tunes to show up for me with not being able to extract the Zip file that was provided on the forum months ago i used a known clean file that I had another member change the timer for me. changed the VIN and went to flash it in and it got a 1/3 of the way and gave me the $0548 message and stopped flashing. so i disabled the Checksum in the tune and it flashed in fine but when I started it I had the p0601 fault code for invalid checksum. I then used another tune I have used many times before and flashed in with the checksum enabled and had no further issues.

So what exactly is the "checksum"? and what does it do? any idea why I got the $0548 error message?

cindy@efilive
June 25th, 2014, 10:29 AM
An explaination of checksums and the roll they play is covered in the Cummins ECM reference notes document found in your V8 software installation (HELP>Documents) or on our website http://content.efilive.com/documents/Cummins%20ECM%20Reference%20Notes.pdf

Your $0548 issue is more than likely a timing issue. We've recently made and tested change to our software to extend the time required for the controller to respond to our messages. This will most likely be the cause of your $0548 issue, and has been resolved in this weeks pubic release software http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

PLEASE READ THE CHANGE LIST PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE PUBLIC RELEASE. Files created in the current public release are NOT backwards compatible with older software versions. You may still open files created in older versions with the current release, however given you are receiving your base file from somewhere else, if you send it back to that person after updating they will need to be updated too.

We have not made calibration changes to the 6.7L for about 12 months, which is why you need to install the zip files to access the chime parameters. They were never committed to public release because they are incomplete - they do not cover all operating systems, and in a small percentage of cases do not resolve the issue.

Now that the release has gone public, CSP for 6.7L moves back to the top of the development list, along with resolving the chime issue and 601 bootloader.

Cheers
Cindy

catman3126
June 25th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Thanks Cindy, still can't figure out the ZIP file issue I know its something with my Laptop though and its a fairly new one.

KhakiCummins
June 25th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Now that the release has gone public, CSP for 6.7L moves back to the top of the development list, along with resolving the chime issue and 601 bootloader.

Cheers
Cindy

Awesome news!!!!