PDA

View Full Version : Bootloader rejected

TurboVet
June 28th, 2014, 04:38 PM
I have installed a 0411 pcm in my 97 corvette. Had 0411 pcm installed before this one. When I try to load old cos program I get "bootloader rejected reason: controller has returned to normal operation. please retry the operation". Pcm has os 12202088. Was unable to download modified stock program. Ive searched and found nothing. Any Ideas?

cindy@efilive
June 29th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Are you selecting LS1B as the controller?

If you are, and you've successfully read/flashed another 0411 in the past, chances are it's locked.

Cheers
Cindy

TurboVet
June 29th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Are you selecting LS1B as the controller?

If you are, and you've successfully read/flashed another 0411 in the past, chances are it's locked.

Cheers
Cindy

LS1B is selected. It did allow me to license to that PCM and read the stock program. This is the only PCM that I have tried to program with this efilive v2. The other PCM was with my friends v2.

TurboVet
June 29th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Now it wont even let me read the program. Its says "bootloader rejected". Why would it let me download the stock program and license the pcm then have bootloader rejected error?

GMPX
June 29th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Was unable to download modified stock program.

LS1B is selected. It did allow me to license to that PCM and read the stock program. This is the only PCM that I have tried to program with this efilive v2. The other PCM was with my friends v2.

Now it wont even let me read the program. Its says "bootloader rejected". Why would it let me download the stock program and license the pcm then have bootloader rejected error?

Well a license is only used when you reflash a PCM, you do not use a license to read the PCM which from what I can tell is all you have been able to do at this point.
The PCM will not license unless the bootloader has been uploaded to the PCM (which you are saying it cannot do).

TurboVet
June 29th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Well a license is only used when you reflash a PCM, you do not use a license to read the PCM which from what I can tell is all you have been able to do at this point.
The PCM will not license unless the bootloader has been uploaded to the PCM (which you are saying it cannot do).

I read the PCM. It originally allowed me to do that. When I tried to reflash it for the first time. I had to license it before the reflash. I did that. Then it tried to reflash. That's when I got the boot loader rejected. Then I tried to just read it and got the same boot loader rejected. This is a new v2 and it used one license. This is the only PCM I have tried to license it to.

GMPX
June 30th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Are you trying to flash with V7.5 or V8? If only one can you please try the other software.

TurboVet
July 1st, 2014, 04:48 PM
I originally used v7.5 to read and flash. I tried to read pcm with v8 and it says "controller is locked with a custom key". How is this possible when it allowed me to read and save the stock program then use one of my licenses with that pcm?

Blacky
July 1st, 2014, 04:52 PM
If a full-flash fails it can corrupt the lock in the PCM. There are a couple of options in the V8 software to try and bypass the faulty lock.
With the V8 software, try checking the "Try Alt Keys" and "Assume Lock May Be Faulty" check boxes prior to attempting to re-flash.

Regards
Paul

TurboVet
July 1st, 2014, 06:05 PM
I just did and no help. Is the pcm junk? Does this mean I have a junk pcm and lost a license?

Blacky
July 2nd, 2014, 10:57 AM
After trying the V8 software to flash the controller, there should have been one or more trace files created in the folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace.
If you create a support case (as described here: https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400) and include those trace files we may be able to determine what the problem is/was and a possible solution.

Regards
Paul

TurboVet
July 2nd, 2014, 11:57 AM
I bought a new pcm today and everything worked as it should. Now I'm out a license and the cost of a pcm. Will creating a support case get me a replacement license?

Blacky
July 2nd, 2014, 01:04 PM
I bought a new pcm today and everything worked as it should. Now I'm out a license and the cost of a pcm. Will creating a support case get me a replacement license?

Yes, you just need to submit a scanned copy of the invoice for the replacement PCM.

Regards
Paul