PDA

View Full Version : EGR DTCs shut off....

C Murda
July 1st, 2014, 12:10 AM
i need someone familiar with the EFI system as to its effects when changing things or disabling things in the 6.7 cummins ecm... my question is if i simply disable my EGR DTCs will that actually disable my EGR system all together?? for example i can disable my o2 sensor DTCs yet my o2 sensor will still complete and pass a System Readiness Test therefore the o2 sensor is not truly disabled, only the DTCs i disabled will not throw a check engine light for any malfunctions...

2007 5.9
July 1st, 2014, 11:36 AM
One would assume that if they are still plugged in but the DTC disabled..they will still function normally.

joecar
July 1st, 2014, 08:16 PM
Disabling DTC's inhibits the reporting of errors, and it does not prevent the relevant sensors from functioning, and may or may not inhibit the readiness test form coming ready.

( readiness test coming ready or not is regardless of whether the relevant sensors function or not...

e.g. functioning O2 sensors can still see the readiness test(s) not come ready )

C Murda
July 2nd, 2014, 10:20 AM
Disabling DTC's inhibits the reporting of errors, and it does not prevent the relevant sensors from functioning, and may or may not inhibit the readiness test form coming ready.

( readiness test coming ready or not is regardless of whether the relevant sensors function or not...

e.g. functioning O2 sensors can still see the readiness test(s) not come ready )

come again??? haha sorry i dont quite understand what youre saying here... i understand that disabling DTCs wont prevent relevant sensors from functioning but the rest im lost on... what are you implying my problem may be then??? should i enable EGR related DTCs in order for my EGR system to be in a "ready" state?? which codes should i enable and does it have to be all of them?? before i had EFI live and only had a edge tuner with my EGR still installed it was always ready after a few miles of driving!

joecar
July 2nd, 2014, 11:50 AM
Disabling your EGR DTC's still allows your EGR to function... but the EGR readiness test may not come ready any more... are you trying to disable EGR system and have the readiness test come ready...?

C Murda
July 4th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Disabling your EGR DTC's still allows your EGR to function... but the EGR readiness test may not come ready any more... are you trying to disable EGR system and have the readiness test come ready...?

no not necessarily. i simply had to reinstall my EGR and did it half assed so it can quickly be removed after emissions testing. i did not want to have to reflash anything because it takes my o2 sensors FOREVER to set ready so i was trying to avoid re enabling the EGR codes. now if what you are saying is true that the EGR may not set ready because its DTCs are disabled then why is this only happening with the EGR and not my o2 sensors (o2 DTCs are disabled but they set ready) will i have to enable ALL EGR codes or do you have any insight as to a specific one or few that need to be enabled for the monitors to set ready??

mpdtune
July 6th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Unless you're somewhere they're actually testing the monitors you don't need to worry about it. For example, with a CA smog check for diesels, there is no OBD check, just functional check engine light, visual, and smoke.

Intel
July 7th, 2014, 01:53 PM
mpdtune (https://forum.efilive.com/member.php?22293-mpdtune)

Are you sure about CA smog check for diesels, there is no OBD check, just functional check engine light, visual, and smoke?

So the custom os and dsp5 can stay on my Lb7 for my up coming smog check in CA?

mpdtune
July 7th, 2014, 02:52 PM
As long as there's no visable switch for the dsp and you're on stock tuning.

C Murda
August 5th, 2014, 07:25 AM
in MA they do a monitor check... tail pipe "sniffer" or smog check its visual and monitor only.... and as an update my EGR system still wont set to ready (with all EGR related codes turned back on) i cant figure ou what is not allowing it as before i removed everything it was all working just fine!