PDA

View Full Version : E83 Full Flash

Tre-Cool
July 2nd, 2014, 12:20 AM
not so much related to the latest release, but any idea of when e83 full flashing will be available.

I can donate 1 for testing if required.

GMPX
July 2nd, 2014, 09:00 AM
Probably won't happen, typically the full flash option is used for putting in OS patches of some sort, but with the goofy code in the E83 we can't do that so the need for full flash isn't there, unless you have another purpose?

Tre-Cool
July 2nd, 2014, 03:01 PM
i purchased an ecu from a wrecked car in the usa, with the same service number as my cruze so I could flash in my current os/cal so I can plug it into my work bench to see if I can find the ethanol sensor pin & confirm if it exists or not.

Only cost me $70 as I'd much rather break an ecu I don't need than the 1 in the car. :-)

From what I have discovered so far, I was going to utilize efi connections e67 harness's and repin the connectors to match the e83 pinout.

slightly related, but there might be a few more car's using the ecu based on this link (http://email.holden.com.au/2014/May/May-2014/new-products.aspx.aspx?utm_source=elion-hau&utm_medium=edm&utm_term=2014-5-16&utm_content=New-2-heading-new-products.aspx&utm_campaign=elion-hau&mode=au).

GMPX
July 2nd, 2014, 05:12 PM
i purchased an ecu from a wrecked car in the usa, with the same service number as my cruze so I could flash in my current os/cal so I can plug it into my work bench to see if I can find the ethanol sensor pin & confirm if it exists or not.
You can buy TIS2WEB access for a few days, cost bugger all and would let you get everything flashed exactly right (assuming you have the right hardware to use it).

slightly related, but there might be a few more car's using the ecu based on this link (http://email.holden.com.au/2014/May/May-2014/new-products.aspx.aspx?utm_source=elion-hau&utm_medium=edm&utm_term=2014-5-16&utm_content=New-2-heading-new-products.aspx&utm_campaign=elion-hau&mode=au).
Yes, it has been in use on the 1.6L Opel Astra (i.e, 2017 Holden whatever) since about 2010.

Tre-Cool
July 2nd, 2014, 05:16 PM
yeah I have a tech2 clone with the candi device that I've used successfully in the past for updating the modules in my family's ve's.

I figured I'd probably need to resort to that again anyway. Was just putting the question out there. :-)

GMPX
July 2nd, 2014, 05:18 PM
Like earlier ECM's these also have a slave CPU that is flash only, TechII is your only option there and needs to be done if doing an ECM swap or things may not be happy.

Tre-Cool
July 22nd, 2014, 06:47 PM
so I ended up flashing the spare ecu with a tactrix openport 2, didn't need to update to many modules as they were the same across the 2 different cars.

used efi to change the vin and done. tune reads out just the same.

kangsta
July 24th, 2014, 01:57 PM
does tactrix work ok with TIS2WEB?

Tre-Cool
July 24th, 2014, 02:12 PM
yep, I flashed the ecu and bcm in my cruze. checked the other modules to confirm they were the latest available too

GMPX
July 24th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Has Holden fixed the radio so it doesn't forget what the last USB song was? My Cruze shows no updates on TIS for this otherwise I'd be out there with my Drewtech getting it done.
(Talk about a derailed thread).

Tre-Cool
July 24th, 2014, 03:46 PM
does your cruze have the mylink system?

mine does and it continues on the song every time. i.e doesn't start from start, it continues on from the second it turned off.

GMPX
July 24th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Yes Mylink indeed, I have even tried a different USB stick, no luck. My kids laugh, every time we start the car they say, dad, is this the only song you listen to because 95% of the time it always reverts to the same song 'it' has chosen as the default start up song. I think mine might be slightly different to you because SatNav was not an option at all in the oil burners (much to my disgust).
I remember the conversation with the sales guy.

I'll have a Diesel with SatNav
Sorry, SatNav is only in the SRiV
No worries, I'll have an SRiV with a Diesel.
Sorry, SRiV doesn't come in Diesel.
(crickets chirping)

Tre-Cool
July 24th, 2014, 04:25 PM
interesting, maybe there is a setting somewhere in the mylink system that needs to be changed? the only thing I did notice when I tried to check for new firmware/software for some modules is the tis2web would say it couldn't talk to the module.

worst was after flashing the bcm, it requires configuring afterwards... The setup/config does not work because tis2web fails on confirming the odo reading as it wouldn't talk to the ICC (instrument cluster).

so I currently have no cruise control. the button to turn on works and lights up on the dash. but the set/resume button do nothing. something I will get fixed when it goes in for it's 15k service

GMPX
July 24th, 2014, 04:28 PM
does tactrix work ok with TIS2WEB?

yep, I flashed the ecu and bcm in my cruze. checked the other modules to confirm they were the latest available too

so I currently have no cruise control. the button to turn on works and lights up on the dash. but the set/resume button do nothing. something I will get fixed when it goes in for it's 15k service
There is a modify button on the forum :rotflmao:
This is why we are held at ransom to the dealerships.

Tre-Cool
July 24th, 2014, 10:31 PM
mines a 2013 build so while its an sri-v it doesn't have satnav anyway. which is not really a big deal. u just use my phone and because of the Bluetooth sync it plays it back through the stereo anyway.

Do your songs continue on via Bluetooth? (if you ever played them through your phone)