PDA

View Full Version : Will the autocal work on the C7 with the E92

J.Abbott
July 3rd, 2014, 09:11 AM
I need to scan a car at the track. I just uploaded the E92 file and selected all my pids but when I scan I get a message like Mem pwr reqd.
Any idea's and has anyone used and autocal on a C7 yet?

J.Abbott
July 3rd, 2014, 09:14 AM
I just went out and checked again the actual message is below

ECM
REQ PWR_M

garrettg.bpd
July 3rd, 2014, 12:33 PM
That pid is probably not supported by that ecm. Try removing that pids from your list and try again.

J.Abbott
July 6th, 2014, 03:51 PM
That pid is probably not supported by that ecm. Try removing that pids from your list and try again.

I did not see anything in my pids listing that. I will check tomorrow when I have the car but I didn't not see anything listed in my pid list that resembled that.
Any Ideas EFI Live?

Blacky
July 7th, 2014, 10:54 AM
I just went out and checked again the actual message is below

ECM
REQ PWR_M

Whenever you start logging and the AutoCal displays a message with two lines:
Line 1: Controller type
Line 2: PID name

In your case:
ECM
REQPWR_M
That means the PID REQPWR_M is not valid for that ECM. Remove that PID and retry data logging.

PIDs that end with _M are defined by EFILive per operating system, so it may be that PID has not been configured for the operating system in your E92. What is the operating system in your E92? I'll check to see if/when support for it will be available.

Regards
Paul

J.Abbott
July 7th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Whenever you start logging and the AutoCal displays a message with two lines:
Line 1: Controller type
Line 2: PID name

In your case:
ECM
REQPWR_M
That means the PID REQPWR_M is not valid for that ECM. Remove that PID and retry data logging.

PIDs that end with _M are defined by EFILive per operating system, so it may be that PID has not been configured for the operating system in your E92. What is the operating system in your E92? I'll check to see if/when support for it will be available.

Regards
Paul

Paul,
I will go back and look at all the pids. I don't have my laptop in front of me but I will respond later tonight with OS. I have not been playing with the C7 much but now I am ready to get rolling quick. What do you need from us on the E92. Just email or message me that.
Thanks
Justin
Zip

Blacky
July 7th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Paul,
I will go back and look at all the pids. I don't have my laptop in front of me but I will respond later tonight with OS. I have not been playing with the C7 much but now I am ready to get rolling quick. What do you need from us on the E92. Just email or message me that.
Thanks
Justin
Zip

Just the operating system number or better still, a copy of the *.ctz file that you read from the E92 ECM

Regards
Paul

J.Abbott
July 7th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Just the operating system number or better still, a copy of the *.ctz file that you read from the E92 ECM

Regards
Paul

Ok found the pid, it is desired torque. that sucks I really would like to log that. Anyway I will email you the .ctz file.

J.Abbott
July 8th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Removed the torque pid and it works.

J.Abbott
September 8th, 2014, 01:03 PM
I don't remember if I sent you anything. I would still like that pid. However I have a new issue on a different C7.
We are trying to log one at the track and I can't log E92 and T43 at the same time, is there a way to do this. I need to be able to log "current gear" along with everything else. Also I would like to log the odometer if possible so I can see in feet where the car is shifting.
Thanks
Justin

Blacky
September 8th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I don't remember if I sent you anything. I would still like that pid. However I have a new issue on a different C7.
We are trying to log one at the track and I can't log E92 and T43 at the same time, is there a way to do this. I need to be able to log "current gear" along with everything else. Also I would like to log the odometer if possible so I can see in feet where the car is shifting.
Thanks
Justin

V7 can't log both ECM and TCM simultaneously.
V8 Black Box logging can log both EMC and TCM simultaneously, the only restriciton is that you can't log the same PID from both the ECM and TCM simultaneously (yet).

Regards
Paul

J.Abbott
September 8th, 2014, 01:14 PM
im using v8 but when I plug the autocal in it is asking for a controller so I have to choose E92 or T43 is there a way around this issue? what about odometer?

Blacky
September 8th, 2014, 01:43 PM
im using v8 but when I plug the autocal in it is asking for a controller so I have to choose E92 or T43 is there a way around this issue? what about odometer?

You need to configure one of the BBX Scan items so that you have both E92 and T43 selected, like this:
Regards
Paul

J.Abbott
September 8th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Thanks Paul I will try this tomorrow.

Blacky
September 8th, 2014, 03:02 PM
what about odometer?
Use a calculated PID, example in images below...

Note: the screen shots below are from V8.2.2 build 263 which has not been released yet. The units conversion page in the currently released software is slightly different to what is displayed in the screen shot below. Also the calculated PID sum() function does not work in the current release. It is fixed in the next update which is due out this week.

First, set up a conversion from m to ft (meters to feet), so you can display the calculated PID in feet.

Then set up two calculated PIDs. The first one "DIST" returns the distance travelled for each frame. The second one "DISTANCE" returns the sum of all "DIST" values from the start of the log to the current frame.

Regards
Paul

joecar
September 8th, 2014, 06:23 PM
( looks like the the beginnings of an integrate() function :) )

Blacky
September 8th, 2014, 10:12 PM
( looks like the the beginnings of an integrate() function :) )

Yes :) I thought I had already included an integration function, but when I went to show how to use it in the example, I realized it was not done yet, so I coded it directly in Lua.
I will add a built in integrate function soon...

There is already a derivative function dx().

Regards
Paul

J.Abbott
September 15th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Paul,
the pid worked great thank you. Now how would I log time vs brake pedal release?

Blacky
September 15th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Paul,
the pid worked great thank you. Now how would I log time vs brake pedal release?

Not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?

Regards
Paul

J.Abbott
September 16th, 2014, 01:31 AM
We have distance traveled so I can see now where the car is shifting in the 1/4. Now if I can use the time stamp in the recorded data I can easily identify runs. Because we start scanning early before the run the time is screwed up, so if we log time from a pid like a brake pedal going inactive until it is active again then we can know how fast the car ran the 1/4.

Blacky
September 16th, 2014, 07:40 AM
We have distance traveled so I can see now where the car is shifting in the 1/4. Now if I can use the time stamp in the recorded data I can easily identify runs. Because we start scanning early before the run the time is screwed up, so if we log time from a pid like a brake pedal going inactive until it is active again then we can know how fast the car ran the 1/4.

The best way to measure elapsed time between two points on the chart is to click and drag from the first point to the second point. The elapsed time is shown in between the two points and in the lower right corner of the chart display.

As for recording when the brake pedal is released, you'd need to log BRKR

Regards
Paul

J.Abbott
September 16th, 2014, 08:04 AM
The best way to measure elapsed time between two points on the chart is to click and drag from the first point to the second point. The elapsed time is shown in between the two points and in the lower right corner of the chart display.

As for recording when the brake pedal is released, you'd need to log BRKR

Regards
Paul

Paul,
Thanks it gets it close enough. I am already logging BRKR was just looking to put a time stamp on it. It is close enough though thank you