PDA

View Full Version : Known issues with Jul 07, 2014 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Blacky
July 3rd, 2014, 03:42 PM
Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the July 07, 2014 release of the EFILive V7.5.7.261, V8.2.2.255 software and the V2.07.63 FlashScan and AutoCal firmware.

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.
Issue 2:
Flashing an A50 controller using the V8 pass-thru or BBF option will fail with a $0331 error.
Workaround:
Download the attached A50_W.zip file and unzip it into the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config. Make sure to copy that same file to the [CONFIG] file system on any AutoCal or FlashSCan devices that you use for Black Box Flashing of A50 controllers. Will be fixed in the next update.
Issue 3:
The [Search] button is hidden on the [F8: Tools]->[F2: Search] window.
Workaround:

Click the [Stop] button to give it focus.
Press Shift+Tab to set focus on the hidden [Search] button (the search button is hidden behind the stop button).
Press [Space bar] to start the searching.
Click the [Stop] button to stop searching which hides the [Stop] button and makes the [Search] button appear again.

Will be fixed in the next update.
Issue 4:
Opening BBX setup files can result in memory leaks which can lead to instability and/or "out of memory" errors.
Workaround:
Try closing and re-opening the BBX window before opening a new BBX setup/configuration file.

wait4me
July 7th, 2014, 05:04 AM
24236195 os for T42 has some things missing/and wrong starting locations for some tables.
D4203 And the others, as you can see are way off,

Also D3203 is missing for some reason. Third gear, 2nd and forth show up..

GMPX
July 7th, 2014, 09:37 AM
T42 last changed 30th April, 2012, that OS was probably added years before that, seems really odd it is has been wrong for this long.

VTuner
July 9th, 2014, 09:06 PM
I am seeing some instability (high memory utilization) with V8.2.2.255 (see screen capture attached). Seems to happen after I plug in an Autocal when I am in the BBX menu.

JustinDuramaxtuner
July 10th, 2014, 01:39 AM
I am having issues loading BBX settings. Once I open the specific BBX and trying to program them, it prompts these error messages such as "Out of memory", "Argument out of range.", etc. EFILive Scan and Tune then becomes unresponsive. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail.

JustinDuramaxtuner
July 10th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Also receiving error message "Access violation at address 0040939A in module 'EFIlive_ScanAndTune.exe'. Read of address 032D1000.

Blacky
July 10th, 2014, 09:12 AM
I am seeing some instability (high memory utilization) with V8.2.2.255 (see screen capture attached). Seems to happen after I plug in an Autocal when I am in the BBX menu.

I can reproduce the fault here. Working on a fix.
Regards
Paul