PDA

View Full Version : where to begin

lssleeper60
July 7th, 2014, 03:15 AM
hello all, hope everyone holiday was plesant. Questions are, I am new at camshaft tuning, I have swapped an ls3 into a 04 gmc denali with 12587603 os. should i change to a 12212156 os. The rotating assembly is stock with the l76 except the camshaft and a 3600 stall. What are the main tables that need focus, to get this beast up and running and any Tutorials anyone recommends.

Taz
July 7th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Is the engine an LS3 (6.2L) or an L76 (6.0L) or some other eclectic combination of parts ?

Did you change the Gen IV style 58x CKP and 4x CMP to Gen III style 24x and 1x, or are you using a Lingenfelter box ?

What knock sensors are you using ?

What TB (throttle body) are use using ?

If this engine is actually in a 2004 GMC truck, then you cannot use a 2002 OS (i.e. 12212156).

Do you own an EFILive tuning interface (V2) ?

lssleeper60
July 7th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Sorry for the lack of info. the engine is a lq4 short block with 5364 rectangle port heads, l76 truck intake and throttle body, Ls7 injectors (do have ifr set in current cal.), custom grind camshaft. Tied together with 4l65 w/fti 3600 stall. Knock sensors i have an assortment of them. are there some less sensitive than others? I do own a v2 interface and have never tuned with this many changes. and thanks for the info on the os.

lssleeper60
July 7th, 2014, 05:45 AM
it is a 24x ckp and 1x cmp.

Taz
July 7th, 2014, 06:22 AM
OK ... the engine is actually a Gen III with Gen IV heads and intake.

Knock sensors - use the original LQ4 knock sensors. The reason for my initial question was that trying to run Gen IV knock sensors with a Gen III PCM is quite a challenge.

You may encounter issues with the Gen IV L76 TB and your Gen III TAC module and APP (gas pedal) working harmoniously together - check the sweep of the throttle blade to confirm operation.

With the hard parts aside, there is a lot of information on tuning a Gen III PCM on this Forum. Look at the AutoVE and CalcVET threads / tutorials to help get your VE and MAF calibration squared away. The use of a WBO (wide band oxygen sensor) will be of great assistance to you.

joecar
July 8th, 2014, 07:08 AM
This is what Taz referred to, start here, read and understand post #1 (and follow its links): Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log) (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log))