PDA

View Full Version : can efi live eliminate the shift adapts on the allison?

Dmaxvaz
April 22nd, 2006, 01:39 PM
hi im getting ready to do a suncoast IIII trans rebuild/upgrade and was wondering if i could eliminate the trans adapts, so the trans will shift consistantly no matter whose driving it? my wife and i drive this truck at different times and when i drive it, it has lazy shifts and half the time its confused when i get on it. any ideas?

Max Power
April 22nd, 2006, 02:18 PM
No it won't and you don't want to remove them completely. It needs to adapt as the trans wears.

Dmaxvaz
April 22nd, 2006, 02:22 PM
i heard that 01 trucks do not have the the quick learn shift adapts, is this true?

Max Power
April 22nd, 2006, 02:43 PM
To the best of my knowledge they do.

GMC-2002-Dmax
April 23rd, 2006, 03:15 AM
i heard that 01 trucks do not have the the quick learn shift adapts, is this true?

They do not, but you can swap TCM out to a later 2002 OS/TCM and gain that feature.....;)

Dmaxvaz
April 23rd, 2006, 11:33 AM
i just want it to shift the same way all the time and not get used to the way someone drives

Dieselholic
May 1st, 2006, 02:01 PM
The EFILive Allison tuning version I have has the ability to disable Upshift adapts as well as Kickdown adapts individually Tables #D5053 & D5054 respectively on an '01 TCM. FWIW this tranny can bark the tires (if that is what you want) with every upshift, yes even 4-5, if you tune the TCM that way, & maintain stock shifting below 70 % TPS... Ross & Paul, you guys are awesome:rockon:.

Todd.:)

Max Power
May 1st, 2006, 03:25 PM
Dieselholic, sounds like your getting good at tuning. Can you share some hints with us? I'd really like to see mine shift the way you describe.

turbo lcc
May 3rd, 2006, 07:06 AM
No kidding that is what I am looking for too

Dieselholic
May 3rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
The most effective tables I've found are the Shift timing tables, in the parameters field I reduced all the "base desired shift completion time" tables by a small percentage. Also in the "Desired X->X Shift Time Throttle Adjust" tables for each specific upshift, Normal & Tow/Haul, I also reduced the table values by a small amount (not percentages) in the 75% tps ranges & above. I left all pressures untouched for now, oh yea, 1 last thing, I Disabled the Upshift Adaptive Learn Tables, but left the Kickdown Adaptive Learn Enable "Enabled". Just be sure to Preset the TAP cell values after reflash, but they should have been Preset when the flash was performed. Keep in mind that small changes are all that is needed, they respond very noticably to slight changes.

P.S. These trannys were all "built" trannys, not stock.

Good luck, Todd.:)

I had a chance to play a little more, I found once I got close to where I wanted the shift timing (feel) & re-enabled the Upshift Adaptive Learn Tables, there was little to no change in the way it shifted, I would prefer to leave the adaptives on, as it aids in shift quality consistency once you have it tuned correctly, particularily as the transmission wears.

Todd.

Max Power
May 4th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Thanks for sharing. I will play with it when I get a chance.

sweetdiesel
July 30th, 2006, 01:22 PM
The most effective tables I've found are the Shift timing tables, in the parameters field I reduced all the "base desired shift completion time" tables by a small percentage. Also in the "Desired X->X Shift Time Throttle Adjust" tables for each specific upshift, Normal & Tow/Haul, I also reduced the table values by a small amount (not percentages) in the 75% tps ranges & above. I left all pressures untouched for now, oh yea, 1 last thing, I Disabled the Upshift Adaptive Learn Tables, but left the Kickdown Adaptive Learn Enable "Enabled". Just be sure to Preset the TAP cell values after reflash, but they should have been Preset when the flash was performed. Keep in mind that small changes are all that is needed, they respond very noticably to slight changes.

I had a chance to play a little more, I found once I got close to where I wanted the shift timing (feel) & re-enabled the Upshift Adaptive Learn Tables, there was little to no change in the way it shifted, I would prefer to leave the adaptives on, as it aids in shift quality consistency once you have it tuned correctly, particularily as the transmission wears.

Todd.
these are great tips thanks i am just starting to play with the tranny :cheers: