PDA

View Full Version : Efi and edge

08cummons
July 9th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Hi this is my first post here so I'll try to be short. I have been running efi live since January this year on my 2008 6.7 cummins deleted. I had a little extra time before work today so I wanted to change from the Econ tune I've been running to the race tune that came with my autocal from motor ops. After I had fully flashed the race tune in just to see how it acted my edge insight cts which is my gauges would go off about boost which at ideal read 0. Ok fine let it warm up a little took it for a very short drive drove fine boost shot up fast when u give is some pedal. Shut it off and restarted it a few times thinking maybe the edge is just being weird nope still going off about boost not clue why turned off the alarm for boost still goes off I never hit of 15 pis after it was fully warm. Cts just alarms on start up and won't shut up. Truck sounds drives acts perfect. So before work I figured I better flash the Econ tune back in cts went back to acting perfect.

Is it normal for it to do that on a high efi live tune I know the cts is good shape and up to date thought maybe it was something to do with the tune from efi live I got maybe a slight over sight would call the tuner but they are closed for the day this is nothing against them I'm sure it's me just looking for info thanks guys and gals

It's also a 6speed man. Forgot that part

cindy@efilive
July 9th, 2014, 01:44 PM
You would need to determine the 'limits' setup in your Edge device. What is the limit? and is it reasonable?

If you are concerned by the boost limit alarm on their device with your MotorOps race tune you would need to determine what boost you are running by using the data logging features of AutoCal.

Cheers
Cindy

08cummons
July 9th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Edges alarm limit is set to 30 I even turned the alarm off and it will sound soon as the truck starts with no boost showing I'll try to tomorrow flash the race tune back in and log what the autocal says the boost is at wouldnt think it would be near 30 at idle ill even try just turning all alarms off and call motorops when they r open just looking for ideals thanks

08cummons
July 10th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Flashed the race tune in today went for a drive and the edge never went off I'm guessing yesterday I messed something up somehow but today it seems to be working perfectly tried for about 5 mins to log couldn't get the autocal to log I even updated it today will try again tomorrow after work. I'll look online for a how to on logging cuz I'm sure I over looked it while getting ready for work. Thanks

2007 5.9
July 10th, 2014, 11:50 PM
AutoCal on a 6.7 requires pass-thru logging. BBL isint avail for the CMC controller yet.