PDA

View Full Version : Known issues with Jul 12, 2014 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Blacky
July 11th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the July 12, 2014 release of the EFILive V7.5.7.261, V8.2.2.256 software and the V2.07.63 FlashScan and AutoCal firmware.

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.
Issue 2:
T43, T76 and A50 controllers do not use the correct controller serial number when using a VIN license prior to flashing.
Workaround:
None. Fixed in next update.
Issue 3:
Deleting a controller entry in the [F5: BBX] window may cause an "Access Violation" error.
Workaround:
None. Fixed in next update. Issue 4:
Loading a data log file in V8 may cause an "Access Violation" error.
Workaround:
Issue 5:
Loading E86 (LML) *.bin files does not work in the V7 software.
Workaround:
Load the E86 *.bin file into the V8 software, save it as a *.ctz file, then load the *.ctz file into the V7 software. Fixed in next update. Issue 6:
Some labels were wrong on E86 (LML) GMLAN tables for non-US calibrations.
Workaround:

wait4me
July 13th, 2014, 11:23 PM
In V7.5 When you try to unlock a controller while reading or flashing, and select "try alt keys" then let it run thru the keys and it fails, "key is not normal algo", then it will bring up the wrong error box after it fails.

It is bringing up the one for engine speed is not zero, instead of the one saying that the controller is locked with a custom key.

slows10
July 14th, 2014, 08:37 AM
In V7.5 When you try to unlock a controller while reading or flashing, and select "try alt keys" then let it run thru the keys and it fails, "key is not normal algo", then it will bring up the wrong error box after it fails.

It is bringing up the one for engine speed is not zero, instead of the one saying that the controller is locked with a custom key.

Wow I thought you were dead or locked up or something. I guess glad your not. Once or twice a year login is kinda funny thats all. Just playin you a little bit.

GMPX
July 14th, 2014, 08:48 AM

How many different ECM's did you try (and what sort)? The engine speed not zero error response I think is different to something that is actually locked (it has been too long since I've looked at the VPW bus).

Blacky
July 14th, 2014, 09:52 AM

Can you send me the *.blx trace file that was created during the unlock attempt (I think it saves a trace file for lock/unlock attempts).

Regards
Paul

wait4me
July 14th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Just lock a ls1b controller or e38 with a custom key and then try it.

wait4me
July 14th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Wow I thought you were dead or locked up or something. I guess glad your not. Once or twice a year login is kinda funny thats all. Just playin you a little bit.

No I'm around. We bought a 14,000 sq ft house. I'm redoing it all and it has taken up a majority of my internet time

Brayden
July 14th, 2014, 04:07 PM
They don't call those "houses" where I come from :) Starts with "M" and ends with "ansion" ... three guesses. Ready, GO!

GMPX
July 14th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Our customers get all the spoils, 14,000 sq-ft home, trips to the Caribbean :laugh:

wait4me
July 15th, 2014, 01:43 AM
LOL Mine basically came in a box with some assembly required..

As for Caribbean trips, I am in. Its been a month, I am ready again. :)

wait4me
July 15th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Another Error Paul.

http://content.efilive.com/documents/OS%20Compatability%20Guide.pdf Is a dead link, shown from V7.5 when you try flashing a e40 controller with the wrong BOOT that is incompatible.

Tre-Cool
July 15th, 2014, 03:19 PM
not sure if it's related to the last couple of updates, but I had an e38 that I locked for testing about 2 months back. tried to unlock and kept getting rejected bootloader, did this on 2 different pc's. So I went looking for the pcmlocks file, the serial number for the ecu was in there and it would not unlock automatically.

Took me about 6 goes before I remembered what code I put in it. haha.

just thought it was a bit strange that the seed/key info was in the file but it wouldn't auto unlock. i.e I was trying to remove the custom key.

cindy@efilive
July 15th, 2014, 03:34 PM
They don't call those "houses" where I come from :) Starts with "M" and ends with "ansion" ... three guesses. Ready, GO!

It's not really a house.......or a mansion.......or even habitable...yet. Converting a church with a $6,000 a month heating bill because it doesn't have any insulation or mod-cons and hasn't been maintained in 20 years into a home sounds like torture when you're doing it on your own.

wait4me
July 17th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Another issue, Reading out a E35B ecm. It fails in both v7.5 and v8 at random times. The computer has to be completely turned off for it to start talking again. Efi just keeps polling the bus waiting for a response and it never gets it after the comms stop.

However. If you start the read sequence and then turn off the key immediately after the read starts, it works 100% to read it out. All stock truck.
2010 lmm

wait4me
July 17th, 2014, 08:51 AM
It's not really a house.......or a mansion.......or even habitable...yet. Converting a church with a $6,000 a month heating bill because it doesn't have any insulation or mod-cons and hasn't been maintained in 20 years into a home sounds like torture when you're doing it on your own.

LOL yes, It is torture. :) But it will be exactly what I wanted when its done. Getting closer every day though.. Finally.

The gas and electric bills should go down a lot after I put in my new city multi Ac setup. :) I hope...

wait4me
July 17th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Another, with the DTC array layout may be wrong for os 12628594 When removing a few codes like U0106 and ones for p0546 don't make a change when set to X.

GMPX
July 17th, 2014, 10:51 AM
On the E35 DTC's, I don't know what to say, they seem hit and miss I agree, sorry.

Blacky
July 17th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Another issue, Reading out a E35B ecm. It fails in both v7.5 and v8 at random times. The computer has to be completely turned off for it to start talking again. Efi just keeps polling the bus waiting for a response and it never gets it after the comms stop.

However. If you start the read sequence and then turn off the key immediately after the read starts, it works 100% to read it out. All stock truck.
2010 lmm

If it happened using V8 pass-thru can you send me a copy of the *.htx trace file that would have been saved at the time it failed?
Regards
Paul

wait4me
July 17th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Yes it failed in passthru for reading. Flashing worked fine in both v8 and v 7.5

wait4me
July 17th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Sent the logs Paul, :)

Yeah Ross, Odd on the DTCs, I looked thru the binary and it looks right, which is odd... I just changed some stuff and made it go away from canceling the tests in the background and fixed the truck, but lol, I was wanting to be lazy today..

Highlander
July 18th, 2014, 01:27 PM
When the scantool reaches the log limit, you hit stop and the program will hang. Nothing will make it stop. I have to force reboot.

Chuck CoW
July 18th, 2014, 02:28 PM
LOL yes, It is torture. :) But it will be exactly what I wanted when its done. Getting closer every day though.. Finally.

The gas and electric bills should go down a lot after I put in my new city multi Ac setup. :) I hope...

A man after my own heart.... I've had my eye on a few abandoned churches to make in to a home (with a DISCO in the living room.....:mrgreen:)

but honestly the church thing was a second choice....

I always wanted a "GEORGE JETSON" house. Loved that cartoon.

There was a "Jack-La-Lane" fitness club built in the 60's or so that was identical to the Jetson's house only much shorter.... circular and with

ceiling to floor windows all around... amazing. My ex wife and I looked at it 20 years ago and at that time it was vacant for a good 15 years or longer

and it's still vacant today. There were some structural problems preventing it from being used as a business, but I figured I would get the zoning

changed to residential and they might let me get a C/O to live there. Giant statue of Hercules holding a globe on his shoulders in the front yard....

OH, I might be nuts..... but I wish to this day that I was able to pull that off.....

Now, I just wanna live somewhere in Florida. ;)

Enjoy your new project/house Jesse.
Chuck CoW

Chuck CoW
July 18th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Paul and I discussed that a few months back.... YES, the problem is still there, but Paul's suggestion was to just add a few ZEROS to the amount of memory

the scan tool was allowed to use for logs and while the number is way more than you'll ever need, I've logged for over an hour in one sitting and the scan tool

NEVER locked up again. It WAS driving me crazy.....

Thanks Paul.
Chuck CoW