PDA

View Full Version : Update: Jul 12, 2014

Blacky
July 11th, 2014, 11:47 AM
This update has been released to correct the known issues listed here (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24390-Known-issues-with-Jul-12-2014-release-of-the-EFILive-software-and-firmware)

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.
If you have recently updated your software, you may be able to use the "Check for Updates" option to update your existing V7.5 and V8 software installations. Or you may choose to download and install both V7.5 and V8 software packages using the links below.

Note: Only the V8 software was updated in this release. If you have already installed the July 04 update (V7.5.7.261), then you do not need to download and install the V7.5 software from this release.

Download V7.5 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.261_Setup.exe) (94 MB)
Download V8 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.256_Setup.exe) (46 MB)

Release Notes:
Release Notes. (http://download.efilive.com/Documentation/June%202014%20EFILive%20Release%20Notes.pdf)

IMPORTANT: The *.ctz and *.coz tune file formats have been updated. All existing *.ctz and *.coz files will continue to operate with the V7.5 and V8 software and with the FlashScan and AutoCal firmware. All new *.ctz and *.coz tune files that are saved using the following software or firmware versions: V7.5.7.259, V8.2.2.252, V2.07.61 (or later versions) will no longer be compatible with older software or firmware versions.
That means if you are using this latest software version, then any tune files that you save may only be shared with other EFILive users who are using this latest (or a later) version of the software and/or firmware. For tuners that means making sure your customers' software matches the software and firmware version that you are using.

Fixed Issues:

[*=1]Flashing an A50 controller using the V8 pass-thru or BBF option no longer fails with a $0331 error.
[*=1]The [Search] button is no longer hidden on the [F8: Tools]->[F2: Search] window.
[*=1]Opening BBX setup files no longer results instability problems and/or "out of memory" errors.
[*=1]Search results in the [F8: Tools] window can now be sorted by clicking in column headers.
[*=1]Selecting just "V7 Tune Files" for searching no longer fails with a "Please select which files to search for" error.

Added Features:

[*=1]None.

Known Issues:
Please search for existing known issues here:

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24390-Known-issues-with-Jul-12-2014-release-of-the-EFILive-software-and-firmware

Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
As new issues are verified they will be posted in the "known issues" thread above.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 261
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 256
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.63 (Jul 02, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

Tre-Cool
July 11th, 2014, 07:15 PM
I have emailed support an issue with mine after updating. also how is the coz file supposed to be used, it doesn't appear to be editable in v7?

GMC-2002-Dmax
July 11th, 2014, 08:49 PM
A coz file allows a tuner to shrink a ctz file down in size by only saving the calibration portion of the tune file. By doing this a 3mb LML file or similar large file is now around 550 or so kb. The internal memory on an autocal and V2 is 8mb making space a priority when sending an autocal with multiple tunes.

Chavez91
July 12th, 2014, 11:32 AM
In the LML calibrations, tables B2513 CAN Transmit ID Table 1B (which I believe should be "1A") and B2511 CAN Transmit ID Table 1B are labeled the same and cannot be opened at the same time.

Another, not sure if it is an issue or not, If you do not have your V2 plugged in to the computer, the "Vehicle Options" folder is "normal" color and the "GMLAN" folder is not visible. But if the V2 is plugged into the computer when you open v7.5, the "Vehicle Options" folder will be RED and the "GMLAN" folder will now be visible.

cindy@efilive
July 13th, 2014, 09:51 AM
I have emailed support an issue with mine after updating. also how is the coz file supposed to be used, it doesn't appear to be editable in v7?

I asked the exact same question on .coz files on Friday and Paul explained the following. The *.coz files have no operating system info in them and so their layout cannot be reliably detected by the software. *.coz files are designed as write only files. I.e. you can save a *.ctz file to a *.coz file but once its saved to a *.coz file that's it, you can't change it. If you want to make changes, you need to make the changes to the original *.ctz file and then re-save it as a *.coz file again.

Cheers
Cindy

GMPX
July 13th, 2014, 05:11 PM
In the LML calibrations, tables B2513 CAN Transmit ID Table 1B (which I believe should be "1A") and B2511 CAN Transmit ID Table 1B are labeled the same and cannot be opened at the same time.

Another, not sure if it is an issue or not, If you do not have your V2 plugged in to the computer, the "Vehicle Options" folder is "normal" color and the "GMLAN" folder is not visible. But if the V2 is plugged into the computer when you open v7.5, the "Vehicle Options" folder will be RED and the "GMLAN" folder will now be visible.
Sorry Chavez91, not sure how that error slipped though, B2513 should be 1A.
The not visible until a V2 is plugged in is correct, we have a few calibrations on the gas ECM's set like this, it is to highlight you to the fact that you really need to be careful when altering them.

Chavez91
July 13th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Alrighty! Thanks! :mrgreen: